Status
Not open for further replies.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehh, I think overall other parents do invest and set things up for their children better than better than black parents(generally speaking of course ) but that has more to do with socio-economics and lack of information than some inherent flaw.

I mean we talk about all the damn time on here. People bringing children into the world with no stability, no resources and no support. That sucks.

Ofcourse there's only so much a parent can do.

my mom's neighbor (who is white)was a complete helicopter mom who invested in her son's heavily and one of the sons just got locked up with cocaine possession :manny: some people will just fall through the cracks

Most black parents with resources and information do take responsibility for their children the same as every other ethnic group so like I said it has nothing to do with us as a people

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I agree. Especially about relationships. We have no clue how to relate to each other outside of sex a lot of times.
I vehemently disagree. Sure sex is a big part of any relationship, but a relationship wouldn't be a relationship if there aren't any relatable aspects between both people..that doesn't make any sense.
If I ask a chick to be my Gf, it's cause I found something interesting about her, which is highly likely that it is relatable.
Plus, if you are dating a black person (or any other minority) that minority status is an automatic relatable construct between the two partners...

Supa cat

Catset Don Dada
Daps
Hence why i said black people. Nowhere did i mention black americans.
They did but you seem to ignore certain post. Like this one from @BlackManLiveFromLondon
Thats why in Europe its Britain, Latvia, Iceland, Estonia that tends to lead in the single parent household department :troll:

You do not know of what you speak.. especially in the UK you wanna talk about these problems but most of these single parent households are white :russ: They combine black people with "other ethnic minorities" (which includes white people that aren't even from the UK) and this group still isnt the majority

So since we're glorifying white people, why are they failing in relationships? Why do they have more single mothers in Europe? Please explain this since I heard that black people suck at parenting and relationships

guess you couldn't refute so you just skipped it over

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I vehemently disagree. Sure sex is a big part of any relationship, but a relationship wouldn't be a relationship if there aren't any relatable aspects between both people..that doesn't make any sense.
If I ask a chick to be my Gf, it's cause I found something interesting about her, which is highly likely that it is relatable.
Plus, if you are dating a black person (or any other minority) that minority status is an automatic relatable construct between the two partners...
Explain the high out of wedlock births in the AA community then. That's enough to see we aren't doing well outside of sex.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
When I was lurking @Yup was one of my favorite coli posters but I think she is trolling now or just gets caught up in this Internet black issues nonsense.

I said when I first posted that alot of coli members are not around black people or live in black areas. They tend to base their opinions on black people from entertainment, internet or social media where everything is exaggerated and I believe she is one of them.

Any black person who lives among black people who are atleast middle class wouldn't form that opinion

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some nikka on here has to take one for the team and dikk this bytch down already. Enough is enough.
tumblr_mt3ngj83211svt5w5o1_r1_250.gif

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
I'll bite.

While I agree that we do need to build stronger families and relationships and not treat sex as the be all end all of our interactions with the opposite or even same sex (and this is coming from someone who treats sex as such) spouting this bs this early in the morning is not the way to go about it. Be the change you want to see. All this serves to do is make you look like a self loathing black woman and that is extremely off putting. You want better relationships in the black community? You want to see children raised by both parents? Don't come at the very people you're trying to help with a negative attitude, come to their level. Understand their circumstances, understand them and then teach them how to move past their programming so that they can do better. The minute you say some shyt like black people suck....doesn't matter what's after it, people are now on the defensive and will tune everything after that out.

But clearly you're just doing this to rile up the base and get some fukking attention and I don't even know why I'm wasting thumb energy typing this.

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
My mother did just fine...I weep with the type of black households blacj children get raised in.
:childplease:You're a perfect example of what can happen to a child whenever parents don't take the time. Grown man bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.