Is Liggins the fukkING GOAT

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nothing is a guaranteed but the probability of your children being better off his pretty consistent with a working dad in the home who us married to mom.

Too much evidence to support it.
I don't doubt that children of married couples have better "chances" or maybe opportunities is a better word. That still doesn't negate the fact that being born out of wedlock does not mean your dad doesn't live with you or support you on a consistent basis. People like to lump all children born to unmarried parents as being a product of a single parent home when in a good number of cases their parents are cohabiting and just not legally married.

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
I don't doubt that children of married couples have better "chances" or maybe opportunities is a better word. That still doesn't negate the fact that being born out of wedlock does not mean your dad doesn't live with you or support you on a consistent basis. People like to lump all children born to unmarried parents as being a product of a single parent home when in a good number of cases their parents are cohabiting and just not legally married.

Obvious many situations aren't the same but we can't study these households unless we consider aggregates. Additionally these families are very unstable. For all the hoopla that's made about divorce rates, the rates of separation between live in couples are astronomical. The likelihood of breakup increases when you have children. These relations even with a father present are ticking time bombs.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Ninety Two Percent: Examining the Birth Trends, Family Structure, Economic Standing, Paternal Relationships, and Emotional Stability of Biracial Children with African American Fathers

Tiffany N. Calloway

Independent

June 2, 2015

Abstract:
This study examines the birth trends, family structure, economic standing, paternal relationships, and emotional stability of biracial children with African American fathers. For study implementation quantitative research methods were used. Questions were asked through a questionnaire that was administered to 1000 women spanning the united States that were equally ranging from 3 different racial groups; Caucasian, Asian, and Hispanic. Participants were recruited through the internet, radio, and news. This study finds that 92% of biracial children with African American fathers are born out of wedlock and 82% end up on government assistance. The results of this study make it very clear that biracial children with African American fathers are fatherless on a scale much larger than the public may realize.

Number of Pages in PDF File: 12
Keywords: Biracial, out of wedlock, fatherless, black fathers, interracial

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...act_id=2625893

Disclaimer: Independent research doesn't mean it's bad. I actually value independent research because it isn't biased by funding, grants and people trying to advance their careers. I wish she would have been more expansive in her methods discussion. The author has her J.M.

tumblr_muvpsowXM11sl5axpo1_500.gif

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
I'm a fatherless bi racial child. My pops was a international hustler. Got addicted to his own supply so my moms left him. He was clean for 8 years before he died which was a few years ago. In 32 years I've only hung out with him about a 100x. Triple OG his name carries weight so every where I go in his city I'm good. But fukk him. I pawned his diamond and ruby gold ring my aunts gave me when he died. For the low too.
zj9OKPj.jpg

Hugs to you

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Obvious many situations aren't the same but we can't study these households unless we consider aggregates. Additionally these families are very unstable. For all the hoopla that's made about divorce rates, the rates of separation between live in couples are astronomical. The likelihood of breakup increases when you have children. These relations even with a father present are ticking time bombs.

We may have to agree to disagree on this one. Married households only appear stable from the outside looking in because of the title. I won't say a household is "stable" based solely off that because I've seen personal examples of it being totally the opposite. Children change the components of any relationship, married or not. Non married couples just have an easier time appearing to be split up but only because It's really not easy to divorce someone. It's a process and estranged couples could end up living and putting up with each other for YEARS before the divorce process even starts.

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
We may have to agree to disagree on this one. Married households only appear stable from the outside looking in because of the title. I won't say a household is "stable" based solely off that because I've seen personal examples of it being totally the opposite. Children change the components of any relationship, married or not. Non married couples just have an easier time appearing to be split up but only because It's really not easy to divorce someone. It's a process and estranged couples could end up living and putting up with each other for YEARS before the divorce process even starts.

Whether you agree with it or not there are many married couples who are still together because it is difficulty to divorce. As it should be.

It forces people to compromise, work it out and more importantly it teaches your children the same. Your children need to see the arguing fighting etc because that is life but they will also see the resolution the compromise the endurance. If they aren't married your kids are very liking to see people give up and walk out.

Unfortunately a lot of people (black people) think the only marriage worth having is a perfect one. Black kids miss out on a lot of life's lessons because they never saw a couple go through it.

I want my kids to see the beauty and the beast but I also want them too see their parents make it.

Wrt the bolded you can perform longitudinal studies are married couples.

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
Yeah cuz of gentrification . Every one moved to those hick boring towns in the bay or the Central Valley cuz rent is cheaper . I would hate to live in those places. Boring and nothing to do. It's hard to find a small studio in Oakland for less than $900

Eeeeewww they moved to Stockton :scust:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whether you agree with it or not there are many married couples who are still together because it is difficulty to divorce. As it should be.

It forces people to compromise, work it out and more importantly it teaches your children the same. Your children need to see the arguing fighting etc because that is life but they will also see the resolution the compromise the endurance. If they aren't married your kids are very liking to see people give up and walk out.

Unfortunately a lot of people (black people) think the only marriage worth having is a perfect one. Black kids miss out on a lot of life's lessons because they never saw a couple go through it.

I want my kids to see the beauty and the beast but I also want them too see their parents make it.

Wrt the bolded you can perform longitudinal studies are married couples.

Ehhh this is not happening a good amount of the times. Couples turn into legally binding room mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.