Is Liggins the fukkING GOAT

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Somewhere For Me

All Star
Daps
Colorism is in the Phillipines, Japan, India etc. It's not a black thing.

Well no shyt.

However, are we Filipino? Japanese? Indian?

No, we are Black and our main concern is dealing with problems that happen in the Black community, regardless if they happen in any other community.

With that said, that chick is still off her rocker.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's act like lighter complected family members don't get preferential treatment amongst us. Less act like our darker complected peers didn't get teased with "you so black jokes". Let's act the European standard of beauty wasn't passed down like a fukking hand-me-down from our elders and kin. Let's act like that same self hatred/Eurocentric view on beauty wasn't regurgitated by rappers except with a twist on it. Let's act like most of us didn't look at darker skin chicks as sexual objects and lighter skinned women as being the ones you cuffed. Let's act like billboards/magazine covers with "black women" aren't dominated by the lighter ones. Let's act like lip and nose jokes were only a dis when the person you were snapping on was dark skinned but doesn't matter when shorty is light skin(knowing damn well they're phenotypically the same). Stop playing stupid as to the factors that created the pathology you see being expressed in that video. Ya nikkas stay playing stupid. Cut it out.

In my family, it's the exact opposite:heh:

The darker you are, the more original/closer to God you are.

The light skinned folk get a sidewayz:scust: like they're barely tolerated.

Low key, light skinned dudes get shytted on a lot.Niccaz automatically look at them as soft betas.

Light skinned women have it easier---as far as being "all the rave" when it comes to dating/mate selection.

At the same time, I've seen light skinned women get treated like a wet food stamp by other black girls.Don't let em be cute and have long hair:damn:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Screen-Shot-2015-09-28-at-6.48.58-PM.png

Anyways I been to this club in London
The bouncers and promoters don't let everyone in
Gotta be on a guest list or come at 10

:manny:

If the one with the leather skirt on the right didn't get in the club owner is a faq real talk. The one second from the left got some SERIOUS DSLs :whew:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
:mindblown:
Why are people in here trying to revise the story? Peolpe are speculating about the "real reason" they didnt get in and saying race had nothing to do with it, when the guy said in his own words they didnt get in because they were too dark.

and too fat

If they were only dark and beautiful ...

If they were fat and famous like Adele ...

Somewhere For Me

All Star
Daps
Let's act like lighter complected family members don't get preferential treatment amongst us. Less act like our darker complected peers didn't get teased with "you so black jokes". Let's act the European standard of beauty wasn't passed down like a fukking hand-me-down from our elders and kin. Let's act like that same self hatred/Eurocentric view on beauty wasn't regurgitated by rappers except with a twist on it. Let's act like most of us didn't look at darker skin chicks as sexual objects and lighter skinned women as being the ones you cuffed. Let's act like billboards/magazine covers with "black women" aren't dominated by the lighter ones. Let's act like lip and nose jokes were only a dis when the person you were snapping on was dark skinned but doesn't matter when shorty is light skin(knowing damn well they're phenotypically the same). Stop playing stupid as to the factors that created the pathology you see being expressed in that video. Ya nikkas stay playing stupid. Cut it out.

If a Black person understand's their history well, this isn't a surprise at all.

However, the chick is stating that Black men should only be with dark skinned.

What's next? Telling Black couples who are of contrasting shades to divorce and get with their respecting shades? Separate Black children of different shades and tell them that they're not equal enough to be together even though at the end of they day their asses are Black and the world at large will still treat them as such? Dark skinned Black parent shouldn't love their light skin child or light skin parent shouldn't love their dark skin child?

I could go on and on...

There's a HUGE difference between fixing a problem and perpetrating a problem.

She can talk about colorism in the Black community and actively fix it without going into extremes of supremacy, dictating, and downright lunacy.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
I'm certain that They're getting in
11215134_1063228247054552_6234479293055854334_n.jpg

tyson-beckford-768.jpg

:usure:

It's not usually about skin tone.....its mainly about FEATURES :blessed:

Didn't Oprah get rejected from some high end store in Europe? Didn't yellow azz Blake get arrested by cops in NY off a false ID. That model chick wasn't gettin' either. Chick #4 is a 7 EASY, whoever was choosing the chicks was gay, that's the only explanation for this sh*t. I came in expecting Lady of Rage type bishes and saw 4 women that could have easily made the cast of Girlfriends.

Status
Not open for further replies.