Is Liggins the fukkING GOAT

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Somewhere For Me

All Star
Daps
:snoop:

We are truly the only race that treats light skin and dark skin as if they are two separate races within our own race.

The shyt is ridiculous.

I understand colorism and the history behind dark skinned girls getting the shaft but damn, it's getting to the point where it just screams chaotic insecurity with some of these chicks.

At the end of the day, no one is obligated to date you. Even if their reasoning is fukked up, drop em' like a hot potato and find someone who does love and appreciate you regardless of skin complexion.

The more you BELIEVE that no man wants you, the more that BELIEF WILL SHAPE YOUR REALITY!

On top of that, what about my family who come in all varieties of shades and have dated, married, and procreated with all varieties of shades? Should their love lives be regulated based on complexion alone even though the majority of them date, married, and procreated Black overall? Come on now...

It's getting mad stupid now...

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
DSTRKT, a popular London nightclub frequented by American celebs like Drake, Rihanna, and Jay-Z, is under fire today after four women claim they were denied entry because of their race.

According to Zalika Miller, an actress and presenter, she and her friends weren’t allowed into the club because they were deemed “too dark” and “too fat.”

“Prior to us actually getting to the club, the [promoter] wanted pictures of the girls that my friend was going to bring,” Miller told London’s Black newspaper The Voice. “He basically said, if she was going to bring Black girls then they’ve got to be of ‘a certain caliber. She sent him pictures of me and another girl that was coming and I guess he gave his approval.”

Apparently, their pre-approval didn’t mean anything in the end. When the group got to the West London club they were told they couldn’t get in.

Miller’s friend, Lin Mei, who was in contact with the club promoter, explained what happened.

“Once at the front of queue, the lady at the door asked us whose list we were on,” she explained via email.

The hostess then disappeared into the club, but returned minutes later to say the venue was full. Mei called her friend Daniel, who told the group to wait for his arrival so he could get them in.

“Daniel then called me and stated Ugo Allessio (the manager) needed to see all girls,” she explained.

Allessio requested the women line up against a wall across the street so he could size them up via closed circuit TV.

“When I told the girls they were disgusted,” Mei said.

Minutes later, Daniel met the women outside and told them they wouldn’t be allowed into DSTRKT.

“Daniel came over to me and stated it’s because the girls are too dark,” Mei explained via email.

Daniel, Mei said, was confused because he felt all of the women were attractive, but the manager of the club wouldn’t budge.

Faced with this upsetting info, Mei went to speak with Allessio to see why the group was being turned away. According to Mei, Allessio said she could come in because (she’s biracial), but her friends could not.

Mei shared screenshots of her text conversation on Twitter.

(before Saturday night…)

Screen-Shot-2015-09-28-at-6.26.00-PM.png

(After they were barred from the club)

unnamed-2.jpg

After Miller, Mei, and their friends shared their ordeal on social media, they began to hear from other Londoners that they’ve also been discriminated against at DSTRKT, as well as other clubs.
well they had half a good idea.... the club i mean

if only there was a club out there with a weight limit :ohhh::blessed:

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
Let's act like lighter complected family members don't get preferential treatment amongst us. Less act like our darker complected peers didn't get teased with "you so black jokes". Let's act the European standard of beauty wasn't passed down like a fukking hand-me-down from our elders and kin. Let's act like that same self hatred/Eurocentric view on beauty wasn't regurgitated by rappers except with a twist on it. Let's act like most of us didn't look at darker skin chicks as sexual objects and lighter skinned women as being the ones you cuffed. Let's act like billboards/magazine covers with "black women" aren't dominated by the lighter ones. Let's act like lip and nose jokes were only a dis when the person you were snapping on was dark skinned but doesn't matter when shorty is light skin(knowing damn well they're phenotypically the same). Stop playing stupid as to the factors that created the pathology you see being expressed in that video. Ya nikkas stay playing stupid. Cut it out.

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
:snoop:

We are truly the only race that treats light skin and dark skin as if they are two separate races within our own race.

The shyt is ridiculous.

I understand colorism and the history behind dark skinned girls getting the shaft but damn, it's getting to the point where it just screams chaotic insecurity with some of these chicks.

At the end of the day, no one is obligated to date you. Even if their reasoning is fukked up, drop em' like a hot potato and find someone who does love and appreciate you regardless of skin complexion.

The more you BELIEVE that no man wants you, the more that BELIEF WILL SHAPE YOUR REALITY!

On top of that, what about my family who come in all varieties of shades and have dated, married, and procreated with all varieties of shades? Should their love lives be regulated based on complexion alone even though the majority of them date, married, and procreated Black overall? Come on now...

It's getting mad stupid now...

Colorism is in the Phillipines, Japan, India etc. It's not a black thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.