• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
yes the "what about black on black crime" contingent is annoying, but i really dont think black men are getting criticized by the majority of female posters.
I did make that post that's been quoted multiple times, and when i reread it I see that it comes off very harsh, and i apologize.
Forgiven. :mjpls:

Vert1

Rookie
Daps
Look at this thread where one black guy pwns all the st0rmfr0nt posters: To the people who say that Whites stole rock from blacks - Page 4 - st0rmfr0nt

A black person who isn't a c00n or bedwench is like a spartan in 300 to these racists. This is definitely the best black forum I've seen on the web. Outside infiltration is to be expected, but it isn't really a concern to the development of the black overman.

chief_keef_stan

lil' haitian nikka
Daps
Reppin
Boston. on thot ave. with a big booty island gyal
yes the "what about black on black crime" contingent is annoying, but i really dont think black men are getting criticized by the majority of female posters.
I did make that post that's been quoted multiple times, and when i reread it I see that it comes off very harsh, and i apologize.

tryna save ur ass from the negs:mjlol:

we aint forget:mjpls:

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Lately I've been noticing some disturbing trends on the Coli.

A lot of people are echoing "respectability politics", claiming that it is the culture, music, or behavior of black people that is majorly responsible for the condition of the black community. If you bring up white supremacy, it's considered a copout or "playing the victim" and once again all the blame is put back on black people. One poster aptly described it as trying to attack the symptoms, but ignoring the disease that's causing them. Of course, implying black people are inherently inferior is nothing new. It's an age-old tactic, used to justify and strengthen white supremacy. Which is why I'm disturbed by it becoming so commonplace here. It's like there are an influx of st0rmfr0nt posters, pretending to be black, trying to counteract any pro-black sentiment.

That's bad enough, but I've also noticed an increase in the insults toward black men particularly. Granted, you could say black women have always been under fire on the Coli, and I'm not saying that it's right...but any male-dominated forum tends to have a lot of posters shyt talking about their female counterparts. However, I've seen an uptick in female posters derailing subjects and criticizing black men. It's like they're trying to turn this forum into LSA. I'm not saying this is the case with all female Coli posters. Some are cool as hell...but some are guilty of the aforementioned. :francis:

I'm a black man. This forum seemed to be majority black male, which is very rare, and I was happy that a place existed where I could talk shyt and debate issues with fellow brehs. But lately this forum has seemed to be increasingly inhospitable to black men, propagating white supremacy and undermining what made the Coli great. :mjcry:

Agree/disagree?
I think you're right. There are a lot of storm from trolls who make disparaging comments about Black men and women. I've started some threads to point out concerns of Black women, but by no means am I against Black men.

When I did this thread:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/black-man-appreciation-thread.130539/

I got negs....

The posters who are actually real Black men, don't usually make horrible statements against Black men or women.

Even in threads about men's issues with women, the actual Black men are very reasonable.

I don't advocate bashing Black men online or in real life, I don't have any reason to.

But I think you've got a lot of posters pretending to BE Black men who are not.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
So basically, black men being scrutinized and told to take more responsibility is a cause for concern? :scumbag:

There is a big difference between some st0rmfr0nt CAC trolling from his parents' basement and a breh or brehette constructively and sincerely saying "we are fukking up and needing to do better". I think the bigger cause for concern is that people can't tell the difference.

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
...either we going to survive and thrive or try and die.

Black Male culture is to black women what Islamic culture is to women.

The fact that you know a bunch of good brothas is NO comfort to me. It is to spit on the graves of our sisters who are literally being gunned down. Literally.

So we gotta make a choice. It ain't between thug and nerd.

Don't tell me how scary the world outside of the black community is when we getting popped like aspirins inside of it.

I'm i exaggerating? Am I being sensationalistic?

You tell me. Tell all these up and coming black girls why they need to stay on the titanic!

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
I joined this website from boxden and this site is a lot better because there aren't nearly as many fakkit ass white trolls. Idk how them motherfukkers even find hip hop websites in the first place This is the only place on the internet where I feel I can comfortably express my extreme dislike of white people

Status
Not open for further replies.