‘Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty’ Season 2 Thread | HBO

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
a damn shame a show about the rise of the Lakers ended on Boston winning and we obviously didn't get to see Magic's arc fully fleshed out

loved it for what it was though

we're in such a prestige drama era that it was good to see a show with some fukkin razzle dazzle and charisma oozing out the screen with some great acting to good with it.

the Jerry West portrayal killed me.. actor that played him sprinkled in that "fukkin" superbly every single time

nearly everybody killed it but a quick mention for Jason Segal.. when I see Jason Segal in things I always feel like I'm watching Jason Segal play a sappy version of himself to the point you don't get invested and see him as the character he's playing but in season two of this he put his working boots on

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Damn shame it had to end like this. Not just the cancelation, but the last two episodes were duds. Too much Cookie, too much Auerbach, too much of Buss's storyline away from the Lakers.

Thought the first season was just okay, but this season was really going places with the rise of Riles and Bird/Magic coming into focus.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I know Magic somewhere is like :whew: because this show is cancelled.

He is the family friendly Magic now but back then he was :shaq:

All the players were really against this show.
Only Jeanie said good things about this show, but I know she had some
say since they gave her a good edit.

You really think the would have run this series until the Shaq and Kobe era?:childplease:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
If we're being honest the show fell off after season one. shyt didn't feel the same.

Outside of the Magic HIV reveal there just wasn't much road left to go. Celtics win a chip one year, Lakers win a chip another year...only so far that shyt can get you.

The Magic/Cookie shyt was :unimpressed:

We needed more 80s depravity.

I knew it was a wrap when the author of the book was on Twitter begging people to watch. :hubie:
Dude, remember

Kareem retires
Riley gets fired/leaves
The rise of the Bad Boy Pistons
Celebrities around at all-times
Buss & Magic's descent into depravity at the Forum Club
Hell, you could even touch somewhat on Magic & Bird playing together on the "Dream Team"

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i have a lot of thoughts on this.

it goes back to when i was watching the lakers documentary on apple last summer.

i'll say more at a later time, but regardless of anything, it pisses me off when shows get cancelled like this. it makes me not want to start anything.

:unimpressed:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Showtime doesn’t end their shows fam…
They would’ve spent 3 seasons on the 16-17 Lakers.
You really think the would have run this series until the Shaq and Kobe era?:childplease:
Yeah. Dude that wrote the book on this era also did one on that era. They could’ve did some time jumps to get there.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
man that was a dope finale...how the hell do you end this on the celtics winning? i really hope this gets picked up by another plaffirm

kareem and rambis actually sluggin boston fans :dead:
:russ: Fukk Cap, that nikka a c00n but Rambis bust his guns. My nikka Big Dikk Kurt Rambis :wow: :wow:

Last edited: