‘Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty’ Season 2 Thread | HBO

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Exactly, the Lakers franchise from top to bottom wasn't even behind the show at all. They're probably popped bottles once the news broke of the show's cancelation

Low key they may have been behind this.

Magic is worth a billion. If he doesn't like something he surely has the power to get it shut down. And if this show kept going, they'd do another one on the shaq and Kobe Lakers, and putting all their shyt out on front Street would have caused more problems.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Low key they may have been behind this.

Magic is worth a billion. If he doesn't like something he surely has the power to get it shut down. And if this show kept going, they'd do another one on the shaq and Kobe Lakers, and putting all their shyt out on front Street would have caused more problems.
Yep, plus Jerry West is "The Logo" and one of the longtime faces of the NBA. They had him looking & acting terrible in the show. For all we know Adam Sliver and the league could've put the call in. I don't see the upcoming Donald Sterling-Clipper Show lasting long either - whenever it supposed to drop

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Has an HBO show that got canceled ever been picked up by another network? Apple or Amazon ideally. They be writing blank checks for anything

Manifest that was on NBC or ABC or something for cancelled and ended up getting bought and picked up by Netflix.

Smh. Can't even bring myself to watch the last episode yet :francis:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Only 7 eps? Couldn’t give them 8 to wrap shyt up? :snoop:
That was Zaslav telling everybody to tighten they pants. House of the dragon is only getting 8 eps next year.

The chick that plays Jeanie Buss is the lead in this one. SHE seemed skinnier and taller in this movie but maybe everybody was short.

She don't get nude but she in a shower with a brother.

louisvandross

the lesbian converter
Daps
Reppin
OG Coli Night
Literally everyone in this show was killing it. Picture HBO ending the Sopranos after two seasons, but also shortening the second season from 13 to 7 episodes :mjlol: It would be another Rome. I watched Rome, that shyt is AMAZING, but it aint no Sopranos. What about the alternate universe where Game of Thrones was canceled after a second season and the last one was shortened to 7 episodes. shyt sounds crazy!!!
The cast and crew of this should link up with Eric Newman and do a proper Death Row series. John C. Reilly as Russell Poole
2B86751B00000578-0-image-a-9_1440078049055.jpg

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Literally everyone in this show was killing it. Picture HBO ending the Sopranos after two seasons, but also shortening the second season from 13 to 7 episodes :mjlol: It would be another Rome. I watched Rome, that shyt is AMAZING, but it aint no Sopranos. What about the alternate universe where Game of Thrones was canceled after a second season and the last one was shortened to 7 episodes. shyt sounds crazy!!!
The cast and crew of this should link up with Eric Newman and do a proper Death Row series. John C. Reilly as Russell Poole

Compare Winning Time to The Sopranos and Game of Thrones brehs :unimpressed:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
The better comparison would be The Wire which got damn near the exact same treatment. They didn't know if they'd be back after season 1. The show was dead after season 3 and I forgot the story but they had to do a lot of campaigning just to get the season 4. And even on season 5 HBO forced them to trim the season down in total episodes.