‘Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty’ Season 2 Thread | HBO

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
That was Zaslav telling everybody to tighten they pants. House of the dragon is only getting 8 eps next year.

The chick that plays Jeanie Buss is the lead in this one. SHE seemed skinnier and taller in this movie but maybe everybody was short.

She don't get nude but she in a shower with a brother.

You seen this movie? Any good?

louisvandross

the lesbian converter
Daps
Reppin
OG Coli Night
Obviously winning time was never going to be on the level of a GOT or Sopranos; I was just using them as examples.
The better comparison would be The Wire which got damn near the exact same treatment. They didn't know if they'd be back after season 1. The show was dead after season 3 and I forgot the story but they had to do a lot of campaigning just to get the season 4. And even on season 5 HBO forced them to trim the season down in total episodes.
Great point. I didn't know that about the last season.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Excellent series. HBO didn’t give it any real time to find an audience. I KNOW it must’ve been expensive licensing the music and logos with it being a period piece but it was really good.

They should have done more to probably get the OG showtime Lakers involved and get their blessing. Most of the main players are still very much alive and having the likes of Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Jerry West straight up REBUKE their portrayals certainly didn’t help

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Excellent series. HBO didn’t give it any real time to find an audience. I KNOW it must’ve been expensive licensing the music and logos with it being a period piece but it was really good.

They should have done more to probably get the OG showtime Lakers involved and get their blessing. Most of the main players are still very much alive and having the likes of Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Jerry West straight up REBUKE their portrayals certainly didn’t help
It would've been a shytty show if they had gotten involved.

You think Magic would've wanted them showing how he dogged out Cookie & got HIV?

Or how they debauchery that he used to get into with Jerry Buss?

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Great show, but I'm astounded at the creative licenses they took.

They made Jerry West looked like a madman, I know he wanted to sue .

Magic and Cookie relationship being completely different is a major one.

Not sure I would want to watch further episodes if they are making up things for TV. I'd really rather they focus on the games , locker room issues and front office deals more than the extra details about players personal lives.

Great concept, but you gotta have the people who actually lived it involved and telling their stories, not made for TV drama

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GStIj0zW0AEZE4w

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
No way they find an adequate actor to play Shaq, and Kobe would be such a thankless role for any actor. Kobe stans would hound him relentlessly.
You're probably right. But I think they nailed the casting in this. Clipped, not so much :mjlol: