‘Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty’ Season 2 Thread | HBO

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I damn near wish we could get a spinoff with just Jerry & the management crew ranting and pissing through the season on some behind the scenes shyt. Hell i’d even take a series of shorts like how they used to do for hit series back in the day.
Like the lil kid wire shorts? Yea thats be funny. Jerry with the thumbs up by the chalk board to westhead was so funny

Also. People been saying ratings are bad. The ratings have increaased 25% each ep so i think the show is gaining steam. Cant see it getting taken down. It just had bad promo this year. They didnt start showing it until 2/3 weeks out before starting. So i think the show will last.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I can't believe bar for bar that press conference happened lol. Buss really lucky getting Pat Riley as the coach

To be fair, the context was spin after the fact. Buss went in there fully expecting Jerry West to run the team and thought this was a compromise to make him offensive coach. Jerry just said fukk that shyt in the press conference.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gonna be a big disappointment if there’s no Season 3, I’ve been enjoying this season even more than the last one. This last episode was the best one yet.

The show gets so much better whenever they focus on the actual basketball and not anything having to do with Buss's love life, Jeanie's tennis team, Magic and Cookie, etc. I get that's all part of the story and the inner lives of the characters, but I'm here for Magic, Kareem, West, Riley, Norm, the Celtics, and everything that comes with all of that.

I think the reason I enjoyed this episode so much was that it was mostly just about basketball.

Yea, this series should be 5 seasons. Each season leading to each Championship during the Showtime era. It just needs more viewership. but hopefully it'll get renewed for season 3.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Has there been any talk about potential spin offs for this series that follow other franchises?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Other franchises?
:mjlol:
fukk no
This the Lakeshow nikka the only franchise that needs a show :mjlit:
Yet... you're using the GOAT's face in your reply

The Bulls dynasty would definitely be good enough for this show. Jordan's ascend, his impact on the culture... the toxicity between MJ and the Front Office, the gambling allegations... Rodman during the 2nd 3 peat. It would be a much rawer look into Jordan and those teams than anything we've seen.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps

The Bulls dynasty would definitely be good enough for this show. Jordan's ascend, his impact on the culture... the toxicity between MJ and the Front Office, the gambling allegations... Rodman during the 2nd 3 peat. It would be a much rawer look into Jordan and those teams than anything we've seen.
He ain’t my goat
Ehhh fukk all that they came with a Lakeshow show to HBO not the Chicago cows :russ:
Lakeshow drives the NBA Lakeshow saved the NBA could give a fukk less bout a franchise that was one draft pick away from being relevant. They ain’t done shyt before or after Jawdin.
Winning time is Lakers nikka not the cows or the knicks like that other nikka above me talming bout
Its

Lakeshow nikka
lakers-win.gif

Put yall franchises shows on fukking tubi or some shyt :mjcry:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Has there been any talk about potential spin offs for this series that follow other franchises?
Won’t be as compelling, but Blood in the Garden is a great book about the 90s Knicks I wouldn’t mind watching. You could keep Brody as Pat and transition that into the Lakers show by introducing an Orlando Magic’s Shaq.

I think we got the definitive Bulls piece of media already with the Last Dance. Having them in the background of a Knicks show would be just as good.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I started reading Blood on the Garden (90s Knicks) a few days ago and they also touched on Pat Riley watching his father fall apart after his career ended...now that's a show I'd LOVE to see. The fukkery combined with 90s NYC would be :banderas:
My bad dog. I gotta stop replying before finishing a thread… :russ:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
This might be my all time favorite work of cinema dealing with sports

It's just entertaining as fukk and i know the old heads hate it but damn this shyt is pure fire. I still think Wood Harris should have at least got nominated for his performance

Adrien Brody is bodying this role

I wanna see this continue so we can at least get a glimpse of a young MJ

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
The one thing I will say is they embellished the fukk out of that season. The Lakers were on a two game winning streak when they played the Bullets and Riley blew up at them.

After the Westhead firing the Lakers won 8 out of their next 10 games coming into that Bullets game and 13 out of 15 including the 5 game winning streak with Westhead leading.
That seems to be everyone's only gripe with the show is the embellishments but people need to realize the difference between a show made for entertainment and a documentary made for information

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That seems to be everyone's only gripe with the show is the embellishments but people need to realize the difference between a show made for entertainment a and a documentary made for information
For sure. I don’t have an issue with most of their embellishments, etc.

That one particularly bothered me because you could look it up and not understand fully why lakers fans booed Magic—and it was only Magic. And it misled the state of the team.

Last edited: