‘Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty’ Season 2 Thread | HBO

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
If it gets that far . . .

5QeCfeI.gif

I'll start a GoFundMe to keep this show alive.

Idk Jerry West networth but I'm sure he'll contribute since he comes off the best in the show.

shyt for all we know Magic will pay to have this show cancelled.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Jerry:

giphy.gif

Shakespeare:

giphy.gif

The Logo:

not-gonna-be-able-to-do-it-jalen-rose.gif

Pat on the way to the press conference:

dd3461a5a713c083-600x338.jpg

Armani Pat after the conference:

gif.gif

Magic:

showtime-eddie.gif

Rest of the world:

giphy.gif

The Don: "Enough of that Riles shyt"

tumblr_inline_nmuwe0PyAX1sj4qvu_250.gifv

Oh yeah, we cookin' now. Give Broadie Bro all the damn awards ya heard. This episode was gold and had hella jokes too. The press conference. Riley tellin' Cap they keep asking when he gon retire & dis mf said he tellin' people it was 2 months ago you bum :laff:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Jerry:

giphy.gif

Shakespeare:

giphy.gif

The Logo:

not-gonna-be-able-to-do-it-jalen-rose.gif

Pat on the way to the press conference:

dd3461a5a713c083-600x338.jpg

Armani Pat after the conference:

gif.gif

Magic:

showtime-eddie.gif

Rest of the world:

giphy.gif

The Don: "Enough of that Riles shyt"

tumblr_inline_nmuwe0PyAX1sj4qvu_250.gifv

Oh yeah, we cookin' now. Give Broadie Bro all the damn awards ya heard. This episode was gold and had hella jokes too. The press conference. Riley tellin' Cap they keep asking when he gon retire & dis mf said he tellin' people it was 2 months ago you bum :laff:
this is EXACTLY what i wanted to see :blessed:

they better keep this shyt going because its finally to the main events of the story. fukkin Riley the don is here

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
this is EXACTLY what i wanted to see :blessed:

they better keep this shyt going because its finally to the main events of the story. fukkin Riley the don is here

I got a bad feeling lol.

Just as this shyt about to get turnt. If they can limp to S3-S4, we finna be eating good as hell. HBO "Max" need to do like they use to do (with shows like The Wire) & stand on principle and let mfs come after the fact.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This was the BEST episode of the series. They fired on ALL cylinders

I’m sad to see Jason Segal go because he really got into his acting bag the past 3 or so episodes. But I know he’s got Shrinking and thats a pretty good show so i’ll be seeing him around.

Adrien Brody deserves an Emmy nom for how he NAILED all the highs and lows of Pat Riley’s emotions those hours after Westhead got canned and he went from thinking he was getting to axe to awkwardly being announced as the interim head coach. His finally telling everyone on the team about themselves, even standing up to Kareem, was excellently delivered.

Quincy Isaiah has been a revelation this season. He was good last season but most of his storyline was him playing charming and happy go lucky. He’s been able to handle the heavier themes of this episode with expertise. That blow up at Jerry Buss was the PERFECT mixture of righteous rage and petulant man-child.

I fukking LOVE this show brehs

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Watching this makes you feel bad for paul. Mckinney is such a piece of shyt, and did a number on him. He makes all the wrong moves but you feel for him. Jason segal is killing it.

All the actors hitting in this. The managment are the best. Lmao.

I damn near wish we could get a spinoff with just Jerry & the management crew ranting and pissing through the season on some behind the scenes shyt. Hell i’d even take a series of shorts like how they used to do for hit series back in the day.

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Gonna be a big disappointment if there’s no Season 3, I’ve been enjoying this season even more than the last one. This last episode was the best one yet.

The show gets so much better whenever they focus on the actual basketball and not anything having to do with Buss's love life, Jeanie's tennis team, Magic and Cookie, etc. I get that's all part of the story and the inner lives of the characters, but I'm here for Magic, Kareem, West, Riley, Norm, the Celtics, and everything that comes with all of that.

I think the reason I enjoyed this episode so much was that it was mostly just about basketball.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Gonna be a big disappointment if there’s no Season 3, I’ve been enjoying this season even more than the last one. This last episode was the best one yet.

The show gets so much better whenever they focus on the actual basketball and not anything having to do with Buss's love life, Jeanie's tennis team, Magic and Cookie, etc. I get that's all part of the story and the inner lives of the characters, but I'm here for Magic, Kareem, West, Riley, Norm, the Celtics, and everything that comes with all of that.

I think the reason I enjoyed this episode so much was that it was mostly just about basketball.

I like the family stuff, mostly because they’re all VERY good actors and sell the drama well. The Magic/Cookie stuff is annoying only because in real life Magic wasn’t stressing her like that. But it grounds the characterization so I can live with it

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I though Jason Segel did was great on the ep last week, and Adrien Brody killed it this week. All the cast is great though for sure, I wanna highlight Quincy Isaiah too. Them boys bringing a masterclass every week, Pat Riley himself was in those scenes.

Show has gotten a whole lot better since S1 and I enjoyed S1, shyt is a great watch every Sunday.