‘Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty’ Season 2 Thread | HBO

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
He ain’t my goat
Ehhh fukk all that they came with a Lakeshow show to HBO not the Chicago cows :russ:
Lakeshow drives the NBA Lakeshow saved the NBA could give a fukk less bout a franchise that was one draft pick away from being relevant. They ain’t done shyt before or after Jawdin.
Winning time is Lakers nikka not the cows or the knicks like that other nikka above me talming bout
Its

Lakeshow nikka
lakers-win.gif

Put yall franchises shows on fukking tubi or some shyt :mjcry:
:camby: The NBA almost died after the REAL GOAT retired.

It took over a decade for ratings to rebound & they still aint reached the peak of the REAL GOAT era.

Your GOAT spent half of his life cosplaying as the REAL GOAT
5KTFVd5.png

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think we got the definitive Bulls piece of media already with the Last Dance. Having them in the background of a Knicks show would be just as good.
The Last Dance was heavily controlled by MJ, now that I think about it, he pretty much signs off on most the media that he's involved in. That's why the idea of a Winning Time that featured those teams intrigues me, because when this show rolled out most of the players/coaches were shytting on it because of it's approach.

I can't compare The Last Dance to this show at all. We've never seen an uncut depiction of MJ like this shyt here. There's hella opportunities to link the story arches too... especially if this show gets into the HIV period for Magic.

:hubie:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yet... you're using the GOAT's face in your reply

The Bulls dynasty would definitely be good enough for this show. Jordan's ascend, his impact on the culture... the toxicity between MJ and the Front Office, the gambling allegations... Rodman during the 2nd 3 peat. It would be a much rawer look into Jordan and those teams than anything we've seen.

How about the Pistons?

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
This might be my all time favorite work of cinema dealing with sports

It's just entertaining as fukk and i know the old heads hate it but damn this shyt is pure fire. I still think Wood Harris should have at least got nominated for his performance

Adrien Brody is bodying this role

I wanna see this continue so we can at least get a glimpse of a young MJ

Honestly this is the first time that a scripted series has gotten sports right IMO

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That'll be dope to discuss the 5 championships that Kobe endured ALL STILL pull in the return of the Celtics rivalry.

The Kobe/Shaq drama alone is worth it.
It’s too early to do Kobe honestly. Especially if you wanna be raw and real like the book was. Kobe was a dikk and not very liked at all in the beginning. Plus the rape charge that’s gotta be done. You’d be better off doing a buffer series after this (in a perfect world) like the Knicks or the Bulls before getting to Shaq/Kobe.