‘Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty’ Season 2 Thread | HBO

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
this is EXACTLY what i wanted to see :blessed:

they better keep this shyt going because its finally to the main events of the story. fukkin Riley the don is here
Everybody nuthugging that Bird episode…

Me, knowing this show hasn’t even scratched the surface of its potential: :heh:

We haven’t even gotten to the Magic team orgies yet… :ohlawd:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This was the BEST episode of the series. They fired on ALL cylinders

I’m sad to see Jason Segal go because he really got into his acting bag the past 3 or so episodes. But I know he’s got Shrinking and thats a pretty good show so i’ll be seeing him around.

Adrien Brody deserves an Emmy nom for how he NAILED all the highs and lows of Pat Riley’s emotions those hours after Westhead got canned and he went from thinking he was getting to axe to awkwardly being announced as the interim head coach. His finally telling everyone on the team about themselves, even standing up to Kareem, was excellently delivered.

Quincy Isaiah has been a revelation this season. He was good last season but most of his storyline was him playing charming and happy go lucky. He’s been able to handle the heavier themes of this episode with expertise. That blow up at Jerry Buss was the PERFECT mixture of righteous rage and petulant man-child.

I fukking LOVE this show brehs
We NEED to see how he handles “Tragic Johnson”

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug: Was a great scene, but make no mistake about it. Riley would've been packing his bags before half time if he was speaking to Magic/Kareem like that lol.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Kareem reading all of them black power books while rolling blading with a white woman is fukking HILARIOUS in its hypocrisy…
t2pl3nh.gif

Also I used to skip these theme song didn’t realize how dope it was and it’s an older record.

It doesn't fit the show

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The one thing I will say is they embellished the fukk out of that season. The Lakers were on a two game winning streak when they played the Bullets and Riley blew up at them.

After the Westhead firing the Lakers won 8 out of their next 10 games coming into that Bullets game and 13 out of 15 including the 5 game winning streak with Westhead leading.