Windham Rotunda (Bray Wyatt) has passed away - Triple H

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
Bray and his dope character work was like the natural progression of an Undertaker type character. Sadly this might be the end of convincing supernatural wrestling characters. RIP he was supremely talented. 😦

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Dawg Booker T found out on his podcast LIVE in real-time

They werew shooting the shyt about Terry Funk and then you can see his cohost's whole expression change when he reads the news...and then the way Booker's face sinks when he realizes what dude's getting ready to say :to:

Last edited:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Not entirely true. It was reported like almost instantly that it was an undisclosed health issue that took Bray out. Like literally not even a day removed from him being off tv. Everyone from SRS to Meltzer said as much right away

it wasn’t specified.. some people assumed mental health, some assumed injury.. nobody expected it to be life threatening or a disease

BUT it was always presented as an undisclosed health issue. It never wasn’t. People chose to believe that it was creative issues or a dispute with WWE/Vince because they simply wanted to. That was more entertaining than “undisclosed health issue”

I think ya’ll just got caught up in the “Vince is backstage again” whirlwind and put anything y’all didn’t like on him, even if it was completely speculative and made up
Sounds about right

Like I said my memory was kinda iffy

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Wow this just came across my tictok I was like no way is this real…sure enough…wow rip.
Qq

Edit - what the hell? I don't even remember quoting this post. My bad. Let me see if what I actually meant to post made it.

Last edited:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Vince was the one giving him permission to do all that stuff. Windham was allowed to do everything he wanted to do, it's just that the majority of us didn't like it and preferred his original gimmick. It's a tragedy that he's gone, but let's not rewrite history here.
Vince ruined his Eater of World’s gimmick. Let’s not rewrite history either…he became The Fiend and yea Vinny Mac gave him free reign in instinct. And then Vince got in the way again with how he booked him…it’s that simple.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
While I was driving I was thinking about how much that LA Knight fued really fukked up his return (NOT LA Knight's fault at all btw) and in my mind I'm like oh well, they can just reboot the character again. Just have the Fiend return and say Uncle Howdy was right all along and try again with another elaborate if somewhat convoluted story. Then I remembered, there won't be a reboot this time. It reminds me of Bernie Mac, I know he's passed but I just don't accept it for some reason.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Jesus Christ. The Wyatt family vs Shield six man was the reason I started back watching in '14. RIP to him. Super creative and passionate for the business. It's a huge loss.

Breh....my wife was glued to the TV when that feud finally popped off. Weeks and months of teases, winks, and nods, and they finally wrestled at Elimination Chamber. The stare down, the minute to take it all in while the crowd loses their shyt and :banderas: magic happens. Probably one of the best moments for me as a wrestling head.

I'm truly grateful to witness the evolution of Bray as a wrestler and the impact he made in the game.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Blew my mind when I found out how much love he had for Dr. King.

Was a fan ever since. Dude had a gifted mind for storytelling. Crazy how we lost Terry and Bray on back to back days. Plus, Jay within the span of a few months. Be safe out here brehs. Don't be afraid to put your health first. Covid still real out here. Condolences to his family.

RIP
Wow...I didn't know this.

RIP to Windham. Prayers & love to his family, friends & peers.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Breh....my wife was glued to the TV when that feud finally popped off. Weeks and months of teases, winks, and nods, and they finally wrestled at Elimination Chamber. The stare down, the minute to take it all in while the crowd loses their shyt and :banderas: magic happens. Probably one of the best moments for me as a wrestling head.

I'm truly grateful to witness the evolution of Bray as a wrestler and the impact he made in the game.

That feud was gold. I'm not even exaggerating when I say that since '04, I'd expressed zero interest in wrestling at all until I stumbled across that match randomly on YouTube. I had no idea who any of those guys were and clicked out of sheer boredom. By the end, I was like, "Does RAW still come on at 8EST?" :russ: YouTubed some vids and promos from both groups. The Shield was cool, but the Wyatts intrigued me. 5 year old me was a Raven/Flock stan when he was featured heavily in WCW circa '96 - '98 or so. Bray reminded me of him in a lot of ways. I genuinely wanted to see dude pushed and felt him losing to Taker was a mistake.

He was incredibly creative and the Wyatt gimmick was gold. I'm not sure that they ever maximized that gimmick but he definitely got as much out of his career as booking permitted. Never thought watching that match at Elimination Chamber that 2/3rds of one of the stables would be gone less than a decade later. Life is precious.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Not entirely true. It was reported like almost instantly that it was an undisclosed health issue that took Bray out. Like literally not even a day removed from him being off tv. Everyone from SRS to Meltzer said as much right away

it wasn’t specified.. some people assumed mental health, some assumed injury.. nobody expected it to be life threatening or a disease

BUT it was always presented as an undisclosed health issue. It never wasn’t. People chose to believe that it was creative issues or a dispute with WWE/Vince because they simply wanted to. That was more entertaining than “undisclosed health issue” which is so vague it could have been anything from a broken finger to hemorrhoids

I think ya’ll just got caught up in the “Vince is backstage again” whirlwind and put anything y’all didn’t like on him honestly, even if it was completely speculative and made up
This is how society is, people choose to believe whatever sounds entertaining because the truth is boring.