Will there ever be another album quite like The Chronic?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Lord, you missed my point. My 1st post gave certain attributes. The comment about the album being big came from you saying they were other albums like The Chronic and then I said, think about how big The Chronic was. But see, if you had read the 1st post and not just the title of the thread, I would even have had to explain this to you.

Come on, bruh. I ain't trying to be a dikk but reading is fundamental.

Your first post didn't say anything about it being "big", but okay...

No Way Out wasn't all that, and "big"?
Regulate...G-Funk Era wasn't all that, and "big"?
Ghetto D wasn't all that, and "big"?
even before The Chronic, you had NWA And The Posse

There's a grip of artists (espcially producers) who tried to make a Chronic-type album.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
@Taadow Ok, bruh. Whatever you say. You missing the point, but whatever.

Ghetto D. In 2017, what nikka you know is saying, "Ghetto D" influenced me to produced such n such album? Come on, bruh!

Same w/ Regulate, same w/ No Way Out.

The Chronic still got some producers like "I want my shyt to go as hard as Dre's drums did on this or I want my shyt to be mixed and mastered like Dre's shyt on The Chronic. Ain't nobody saying that shyt bout the albums you named.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Did I say EVERY producer? No

Numbers? I ain't say shyt about numbers when it came to the THE CHRONIC.

your chronic dikk riding is sickening.

u big up the 1 album that took lyricism down notches and pushed the negative gangster rap aspects to new heights. U dikk ride an album that took us backwards not forwards...Latifah tried to uphold the dignty aspect towards Black women 1993 yet the chronic and Snoop shytted all over that the same year,

fukk anyone who puts the 1 album that took as backwards as a community on such a high pedistool.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps

u big up the 1 album that took lyricism down notches and pushed the negative gangster rap aspects to new heights. U dikk ride an album that took us backwards not forwards...Latifah tried to uphold the dignty aspect towards Black women 1993 yet the chronic and Snoop shytted all over that the same year,

fukk anyone who puts the 1 album that took as backwards as a community on such a high pedistool.

:skip::beli::comeon:

Yeah, I'm sure all you've ever listened to was De La Soul 24/7. And even those same artists like De La or Latifah since you brought her up, don't think for a second them nikkas won't nodding their heads to that shyt either. :gucci:

De La was on tour w/ fukking Too Short and N.W.A. and have said they were fans of those guys. They like Snoop too. shyt, they just fukking worked with Snoop. :martin:

So you can miss me w/ all of this shyt you talking. I hear you but this is music/entertainment, and I leave it at that.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
@Taadow Ok, bruh. Whatever you say. You missing the point, but whatever.

Ghetto D. In 2017, what nikka you know is saying, "Ghetto D" influenced me to produced such n such album? Come on, bruh!

Same w/ Regulate, same w/ No Way Out.

The Chronic still got some producers like "I want my shyt to go as hard as Dre's drums did on this or I want my shyt to be mixed and mastered like Dre's shyt on The Chronic. Ain't nobody saying that shyt bout the albums you named.

I've never heard anybody say that in 2017, but if you have then okay.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So you can miss me w/ all of this shyt you talking. I hear you but this is music/entertainment, and I leave it at that.

Dude...how many times u gonna dikk ride the chronic tho? Like i could just picture u being like this in real life:

in the car "man, i tell u that chronic album..."

in the house "man what is that ya'll listening to? turn that off and throw on the chronic.."

on a first date "man, i'm into walks in the park, going to the movies and listening to the chronic.."

in the confession booth: "man, father i broke my most recent cd of the chronic after trying to have sex with it by sticking my peen in the hole...

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps

plz-stop-post.jpg

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Dude...how many times u gonna dikk ride the chronic tho? Like i could just picture u being like this in real life:

in the car "man, i tell u that chronic album..."

in the house "man what is that ya'll listening to? turn that off and throw on the chronic.."

on a first date "man, i'm into walks in the park, going to the movies and listening to the chronic.."

in the confession booth: "man, father i broke my most recent cd of the chronic after trying to have sex with it by sticking my peen in the hole...

:russ:

"RELAX!" - N.O.R.E.
nore-breakfast-club.jpg

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:russ:

"RELAX!" - N.O.R.E.
nore-breakfast-club.jpg

u can keep bigging up the chronic.....i just couldnt come up with another response to co sign u yet again about the chronic and could only come up with talking shyt about how thats all u talk about.

i'll even it out and fake tip ride the next Chronic thread u make.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
u can keep bigging up the chronic.....i just couldnt come up with another response to co sign u yet again about the chronic and could only come up with talking shyt about how thats all u talk about.

i'll even it out and fake tip ride the next Chronic thread u make.

:laugh:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
This is from 2012 but it's an interview w/ DJ/producer Peanut Butter Wolf.

"The Chronic was the album to listen to in the studio when working on mixdowns. Every hip-hop producer and studio engineer I knew used it as a litmus test to judge the mixdown of his or her own music. I'm strictly speaking about compression and EQ here — sonics, not content. I used to go to Dan the Automator's studio in San Francisco for my stuff in the mid-'90s and when he was doing Dr. Octagon, I remember him telling me he always played his own stuff against The Chronic. If you listened to Dr. Octagon, you wouldn't say "Oh, that sounds just like The Chronic," but it was influenced by it. And last week when I was in a studio, I joked to the engineer that we should hear this late '60s soul revival band that I was mixing up against The Chronic — and he knew exactly what I was talking about. A day later, you asked me to do this interview and that night, I heard three songs from the album in a club. So [The Chronic] works in the studio, in the car, and in the club. It stands the test of time."

Link

(last paragraph)
SPIN: Peanut Butter Wolf Drills Down on 'The Chronic' | Stones Throw Records