Will the Xbox overtake PS4 in the US?

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
That's fine, but I'm responding to the price point being criticized.
$500 for an XB1X is a very solid price.
For what it offers, and for where it is compared to its direct competition.
I think mS gon regret this. When can they have another system? Sony in 2 years gon be in another Gen hell maybe a year and we know what Head starts do in gaming. MS imo should have not made the S and should have called this a new gen system with backwards compatibility.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh my bad.
I forgot that "your circle" was the voice of the general public.
There's plenty people on this board alone that have upgraded from an OG PS4 to a PS4 pro and I'm sure the PS4 Pro is selling fine. This idea that the general public doesn't care about hardware is completely false. Just because you, and "your circle" doesn't care about something doesn't mean it doesn't matter, especially to the rest of the world.

There's a reason why Sony isn't releasing PS4 Pro numbers and hardly mentions it individually when it comes to sales and lumps it with the slim.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
the XB1X is definitely going to be the go to system given enough time.

PS5 will drop in 2019. It won't have enough time and more importantly won't have the games. :francis:

X1X is for the hardcore Xbot just like the Pro was for Sony cats.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MS hasn't released Xbox One sales period since the end of 2015. :beli:

Because they said fukk it they didn't like announcing the L. I guarantee if roles were reversed Microsoft would be announcing sales every quarter.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
because you're wrong. ps3 flopped hard at that price. wasn't no sony stans, they were still Xbox stans.
Sony definitely suffered for dropping at that price point. I've made the same point before, not in thread thread, but several times in this forum. I agree with you on that.
But again, for what is inside the XB1X, hell the 4K blu drive ALONE is worth the $100 and that's not even going into all the other hardware upgrades, $500 is a good price.
:yeshrug:It might even be smarter for MS to focus more on the 4K drive as a selling point than the promises of a better experience which is going to be subjective at the end of the day anyway.
Back to the point, Sony was absolutely arrogant. They had just come off a historical console, the PS2, and thought they were going to have gamers drop $500/$600 just because.
XB1X is priced well. That's all I've been saying.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I think mS gon regret this. When can they have another system? Sony in 2 years gon be in another Gen hell maybe a year and we know what Head starts do in gaming. MS imo should have not made the S and should have called this a new gen system with backwards compatibility.
Microsoft seems to be moving away from traditional console gens and is going the PC route.
They've said they'd like to see the XB1X be backwards and forward compatible, just like we see in PC.
It's actually better for the gamers this way. There's no reason every new gen should completely obsolete the previous gen. How in the world does that make sense?

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
The X will give MS a boost for a few months then things will go back to normal.

A $500 mid gen console that plays the exact same games as its cheaper counterparts is not going to shift the market in any meaningful way. One X like the Pro is an enthusiast product. The XB1S and regular PS4 are still the main products for the market.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
PS5 will drop in 2019. It won't have enough time and more importantly won't have the games. :francis:

X1X is for the hardcore Xbot just like the Pro was for Sony cats.
And then what?
Every 2 years when a new console drops, graphics will matter again, and then they wont, and then they'll matter again, and then they won't?
This whole "definitive experience" or "playing the way the game was intended" is corny and always exposes the hypocrisy in gamers.
You're not (you in the general sense) gonna tell me that someone's experience is completely different than another person's because their "version" has 3 more frames per second and 20 more pixels. It's the drum I've been beating in the arcadium for years now.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
And then what?
Every 2 years when a new console drops, graphics will matter again, and then they wont, and then they'll matter again, and then they won't?
This whole "definitive experience" or "playing the way the game was intended" is corny and always exposes the hypocrisy in gamers.
You're not (you in the general sense) gonna tell me that someone's experience is completely different than another person's because their "version" has 3 more frames per second and 20 more pixels. It's the drum I've been beating in the arcadium for years now.

point is the system don't matter without the games. the hardcore gonna do what they do, but the masses need the games.