Will Square make a new Final Fantasy ever as good as 7?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't been hooked by a final fantasy game since 10. 9 is my favorite, followed by 7. They did incredible work on the remake, but I don't know if they can ever get into that same groove story/character wise as their classic games. Matter of fact, just keep remaking old ones like 9 and then do chrono trigger
Yo you read my mind dap + rep . Chrono trigger and 9 would keep me fed . The only thing is idk if I want the games changed like ff7 tbh or just great updated graphics that look like the cinematics

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
They won't but that's not a bad thing. Just need to get back to a spot where they crank out that 8/10 heat rock.

They also need to stop trying to create main characters that are pushed as larger than the game. I understand you need something to market but Lightning and Noctis feel like attempts at forcefully creating another memorable, adored main character like Cloud and Tidus.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
They won't but that's not a bad thing. Just need to get back to a spot where they crank out that 8/10 heat rock.

They also need to stop trying to create main characters that are pushed as larger than the game. I understand you need something to market but Lightning and Noctis feel like attempts at forcefully creating another memorable, adored main character like Cloud and Tidus.
Noctis and Lightning are just bland

Lightning isnt even her real name, it's just one thr character chose for herself which is worse

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Will the present day Kanye West ever make an album as good as his first 3 again?

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven’t beat a Final Fantasy since 7:russ:

never played 8 and 9

10 was goofy as fukk but I know a lot of ppl liked it:hhh:

10-2 didn’t even touch :mjlol:

12 was dope but I didn’t finish kinda lame the main character was a side character :yeshrug:

13 and Lightning Returns was boring and again wack characters just couldn’t get into it

15 was ok but early in I found out the game was basically rushed and unfinished and I wasn’t going to watch a movie and read a book to get the complete experience :francis:

like another poster said square been fell off since the merger I have zero hope for a dope FF game that isn’t a remake

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Jesus... Lost Odyssey?

That might've been the STEEPEST fall off post-intro I've ever seen in a game. After that opening segment, its one of the worst big RPGs of all time damn near immediately. No surprise at all that they ended up making mobile games after that.
I've never heard this opinion but you're welcome to it :birdman: I grew up on the OG final fantasies and lost odyssey was exactly what i was looking for at the time. Did you play the originals? 123?

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
They basically already threw KH in the bushes. 3 was supposed to be the finale and it was criticially panned.

Their main problem FF wise is that they split the fanbase. There's the OG fans that played and like the turn based games and story, and the new fans that prefer the action and the over the top cinematics. They were able to get everybody on board with FF7R, but that doesn't mean that they will be able to do that with FF16 and onward.
KH3 was just supposed to be thr end of the xehanort saga

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
12 and Tactics are the best games in the series. The rest of the modern games don't hold up to scrutiny that well even 8 which I have personal feelings for. Including 7 which lets be honest was kind of trash outside of it being the first 3D game.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
They can't make anything like 7, but they made several games better than 7.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
FF7 and Final Fantasy Tactics was the GOAT. All the characters are unforgettable and it broke ground on turn based RPGs and tactical games.

FFT was like a Shakepeare play that was a tragedy at the end.

Last edited: