Will Square make a new Final Fantasy ever as good as 7?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I thought they did a damn good job with 15 Hell FF16 needs to have a more Kefka like villain.
:whew:

Lowkey they might need to throw Kingdom Hearts in the bushes in order get FF right
:ld:

Do you know how much money KH generates? They will NEVER throw that franchise in the bushes nor should they. Thats like saying in order to make good socks, a company should shutter their successful T-shirt line.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
The biggest problem with FF games are the stories are now too convoluted and the characters are lame. It’s hard to get invested in the games now.

I put like 40 hours in FF15 and gave up because I just didn’t give a shyt about what’s going on.

ive never played a ff where the story wasn't convoluted :manny:.... EDIT. FF9 Probably had the most engaging story that made sense

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
The biggest problem with FF games are the stories are now too convoluted and the characters are lame. It’s hard to get invested in the games now.

I put like 40 hours in FF15 and gave up because I just didn’t give a shyt about what’s going on.
Yup

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
ive never played a ff where the story wasn't convoluted :manny:.... EDIT. FF9 Probably had the most engaging story that made sense

A story can be convulted, but the characters have to be compelling enough that you can understand their individual stories

I dont understand everything in Xenogears to this day, but it's still the GOAT

Meanwhile Xenosaga bored me and they had to include an in game encyclopedia

I stopped playing FF8 once I got Edea in the party because it was like ok this is not getting any better

Last edited:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Always thought 9 fell off a cliff when they got into going to planets and cloning.

and having Necron pop up outta nowhere as the final boss had me lookin like
MNI6.gif

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Always thought 9 fell off a cliff when they got into going to planets and cloning.

and having Necron pop up outta nowhere as the final boss had me lookin like
MNI6.gif

Lemmie put it like this.. I can barely remember the story line and plot details, but I do remember at least being able to keep up with what was actually going on and WHY shyt was happening.. in ff9 the most.. FF7 was very convoluted and started to go all over the place after you left the city in the beginning.. FF8 was similar to FF7 with a storyline all over the place except there were too many points in the game where you would literally not know what to do next and could find yourself lost for hours on end.. FF10 Storyline was so depressing it was a struggle to finish.. FF12 Was straight Garbage Truck Juice, I frisbeed that shyt and never touched another FF game until 15 which was just more HIGH QUALITY convoluted Bullshyt

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Everything leading up to it was good

8s structure was cool but boring as fukk
Yeah.... 8 suffered from having a top to bottom uninteresting main cast

Every side character or villain is flat out more engaging than the main group. You could even argue that the side group, Laguna's squad, had a better story than Squall & Co. Its wild. I didn't even think FF8's story was THAT bad (by FF standards at least), its just that the characters are just ehhhhhhhh.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah.... 8 suffered from having a top to bottom uninteresting main cast

Every side character or villain is flat out more engaging than the main group. You could even argue that the side group, Laguna's squad, had a better story than Squall & Co. Its wild. I didn't even think FF8's story was THAT bad (by FF standards at least), its just that the characters are just ehhhhhhhh.
To me squall was a like a parody of cloud , Like fans like antisocial pretty boys who somehow become the leader for teams despite his jerk ass attitude oh boy do we got someone for you !! Oh and he has a leather jacket and a gun blade . I loved the game but it definitely kind of came off poochie style . Zidane and Vivi , Steiner garnet :wow: I need the remake
fukk remake all the og games from 6-10 and chrono trigger ( the low key goat )

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I haven't been hooked by a final fantasy game since 10. 9 is my favorite, followed by 7. They did incredible work on the remake, but I don't know if they can ever get into that same groove story/character wise as their classic games. Matter of fact, just keep remaking old ones like 9 and then do chrono trigger