Will Square make a new Final Fantasy ever as good as 7?

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Pick 1. Ff9 or 12 for someone who never played either.

6, to answer your question.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
No. They went downhill after the Enix merger. Their stories don’t have the same grit. Everything is about pretty spectacle. I loved 6,7,8. I don’t like the aesthetic of 9, but I’ve played it, and can understand why some might love it. After 10 it was over. I’ve played all the mainline, single-player games even into 15. I personally feel the magic is gone. There were parts, in 15, that I found cool but I felt no need to finish it.

I would dap this twice. Pretty much how I feel about them these days.

After X, its been mediocre games (to me anyway)

11 was an MMO

12 I hated most of the characters for reason (especially Vaan)

13 was a 40+ hour tutorial (who thought it was a good idea to keep from "playing the game" for so long? Then make you grind against hard ass enemies at the end :russ:)

We don't mention XIII-2 and XIII -3

14 is an MMO (Not too bad but the combat is too slow. The story is actually worthy of being a mainline title though)

15 was ass. ASS. Dude showed the emotion of cardboard when he found out his dad died. You have to watch a movie to figure wtf was going on in the beginning. Comrades was the best part of the game.
Has the GOAT Theme too (Choosing Hope:wow:)

KH is on five? different consoles so fukk them on that alone. Better to just read a synopsis on the wiki.

I don't get excited for anything they put out anymore.

The kid in me is very disappointed with what they turned into.

Last edited:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I was disappointed playing FF10. It didn't have the same magic as the other games. It could have been the environment or racist ass Wakka. It didn't feel like something I wanted to give my all to.

Xenosaga came through and crushed the buildings.

Ff Tactics, FF7-FF9, Parasite Eve, Xenosaga.

:wow:

90s Square was on fire.

If you want that type of heat gotta look elsewhere 15 I couldn't even finish.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
I really wanna play 12

12 is the most "realistic" and most relatable story to me, its not about saving the world, its really about preventing a war that would further destroy your already fukked up section of the world and have it plunge into chaos. The main "villain" is less villain and more like a real world vladimir putin, he literally says in the game he needs complete autocracy after he abolishes the senate.

the team that made that game and the writer who forged the story is likely never doing another final fantasy again, but FF Tactics (and by extension tactics ogre) are the best RPG stories ive ever played.

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
They had the chance with FF12 but the original dude making the game had health issues or his wife did at the time. Then when he left they shoehorned in vaan cause they needed a pretty boy. You can tell something is off cause he serves no purpose to the story. But I liked the combat system
12 is the most "realistic" and most relatable story to me, its not about saving the world, its really about preventing a war that would further destroy your already fukked up section of the world and have it plunge into chaos. The main "villain" is less villain and more like a real world vladimir putin, he literally says in the game he needs complete autocracy after he abolishes the senate.

the team that made that game and the writer who forged the story is likely never doing another final fantasy again, but FF Tactics (and by extension tactics ogre) are the best RPG stories ive ever played.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not liking any one of the games from 6 - 10 but praising anything after is :hhh:

(15 wasn’t horrible but it was nothing great either)

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I would dap this twice. Pretty much how I feel about them these days.

After X, its been mediocre games (to me anyway)

11 was an MMO

12 I hated most of the characters for reason (especially Vaan)

13 was a 40+ hour tutorial (who thought it was a good idea to keep from "playing the game" for so long? Then make you grind against hard ass enemies at the end :russ:)

We don't mention XIII-2 and XIII -3

14 is an MMO (Not too bad but the combat is too slow. The story is actually worthy of being a mainline title though)

15 was ass. ASS. Dude showed the emotion of cardboard when he found out his dad died. You have to watch a movie to figure wtf was going on in the beginning. Comrades was the best part of the game.
Has the GOAT Theme too (Choosing Hope:wow:)

KH is on five? different consoles so fukk them on that alone. Better to just read a synopsis on the wiki.

I don't get excited for anything they put out anymore.

The kid in me is very disappointed with what they turned into.

ehh that choosing hope is alright. Shadowbringers has a nice ass theme tho

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Tales games have had a better recent history than FF (outside of 7R)...

shyt, xenogears/blade/saga has consistently bodied final fantasy too

FF15 was inexcusably trash. Not only was it bad out the box, but it was bad after updates - then they gave up on their own reworked roadmap for it going forward.

The last good FF prior to 7R was FF14: Realm Reborn - and obviously that's not going to hit for everyone.

Edit: While I like FF8, its probably the worst written and directed FF post FF6 :russ:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Or 9, but that might just be personal preference

I hope doing the remake ups their game
The creator left square and created mistwalker which made blue dragon and lost odyssey on the 360. Microsoft helped fund the studio so the title you're yearning for would likely come from that platform assuming they return to making console games

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The creator left square and created mistwalker which made blue dragon and lost odyssey on the 360. Microsoft helped fund the studio so the title you're yearning for would likely come from that platform assuming they return to making console games
Jesus... Lost Odyssey?

That might've been the STEEPEST fall off post-intro I've ever seen in a game. After that opening segment, its one of the worst big RPGs of all time damn near immediately. No surprise at all that they ended up making mobile games after that.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Jesus... Lost Odyssey?

That might've been the STEEPEST fall off post-intro I've ever seen in a game. After that opening segment, its one of the worst big RPGs of all time damn near immediately. No surprise at all that they ended up making mobile games after that.
:mjcry:FF is just a shytty brand name now

I wish FF was tales status and just pumped out the same tier of avg ass games every year

Instead we got to wait for square to pump out expensive looking suck