Will Square make a new Final Fantasy ever as good as 7?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Jesus... Lost Odyssey?

That might've been the STEEPEST fall off post-intro I've ever seen in a game. After that opening segment, its one of the worst big RPGs of all time damn near immediately. No surprise at all that they ended up making mobile games after that.
I dropped Lost Odyssey shortly after the two kids joined the party and never returned to it.

Then again I don’t romanticize FF7 like most people. It isn’t my favorite in the series or my least favorite it also wasn’t my first 3D FF game. I played 7 a while after 8. 8 was the game I got a PS1 to play. I like 8 and 9 better than 7. I like 10 better than 7 too.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
FF7 and Final Fantasy Tactics was the GOAT. All the characters are
unforgettable and it broke ground on turn based RPGs and tactical games.

FFT was like a Shakepeare play that was a tragedy at the end.
FFT is a weak rip off of Tactics Ogre in every regard :russ: You can spin that up on an emulator right now and you'll be blown away at how immediately superior it is in every regard.

FF7 is more lucky that it launched when it did if anything...

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
fukk no.

Characters were iconic
Villian was GOAT tier
Music was classic
FMV's crushed the building and forced us to enter a different space in videogames

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
For as much as people like FF7 8 is still my personal favorite. And I still think 6 is the best.

9 and 10 are VERY good games. But 9 fell off with the weird random final villain and the cloning shyt and 10 just didn't have a super great villain to begin with. FF has to have a great villain to be good. Ardyn COULDA been top tier in XV but the story telling is so trash in it...:hhh:

If you look at the top FFs (besides 10) they all have some of the best bad guys in it.
Kefka
Seph
Kuja
Golbez

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I think 10 was really underrated somehow. That game did a lot of things right.

Tidus just at the failed the design checklist.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
FF14 is great because of the geopolitics. You really get attached to characters

The story is good and the cutscenes are cool
The betrayals

The storyline is basically why imperialism is bad.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
FFT is a weak rip off of Tactics Ogre in every regard :russ: You can spin that up on an emulator right now and you'll be blown away at how immediately superior it is in every regard.

FF7 is more lucky that it launched when it did if anything...
Hard to call something a ripoff when it came from the same director.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Hard to call something a ripoff when it came from the same director.
The director got poached and put out a watered down product for the company he went to so that he could get on to other shyt :russ:

Its literally exactly what SE wanted. Murdered the comp, stole the talent, never looked back. shyt, that genre being deaded back in the late 90s is what allowed Fire Emblem to come back from the grave. Square derailed an entire genre with the FFT/Tactics Ogre heist.

And you not even disputing the fact that FFT is literally inferior in every regard.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
The director got poached and put out a watered down product for the company he went to so that he could get on to other shyt :russ:

Its literally exactly what SE wanted. Murdered the comp, stole the talent, never looked back. shyt, that genre being deaded back in the late 90s is what allowed Fire Emblem to come back from the grave. Square derailed an entire genre with the FFT/Tactics Ogre heist.

And you not even disputing the fact that FFT is literally inferior in every regard.

:wow:

FE didn't really come back until awakening tho