Will Square make a new Final Fantasy ever as good as 7?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Nomura is an artist any way tho
Why would they rely on him?

He's the biggest name in the company with the biggest fanbase like Kojima was for Konami.

He has so much pull that they let him do whatever he wants, but in actuality they should limit his power more to art because to your point, he is an artist and his artistry doesn't always translate to a story or franchise that makes sense, he's always all over the place.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
They basically already threw KH in the bushes. 3 was supposed to be the finale and it was criticially panned.

Their main problem FF wise is that they split the fanbase. There's the OG fans that played and like the turn based games and story, and the new fans that prefer the action and the over the top cinematics. They were able to get everybody on board with FF7R, but that doesn't mean that they will be able to do that with FF16 and onward.
im one of those people who prefers turn based gameplay but i feel ff7r was a good enough compromise. now i am loving the combat. i think this can work in the future.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I thought they did a damn good job with 15 Hell FF16 needs to have a more Kefka like villain.
:whew:

Lowkey they might need to throw Kingdom Hearts in the bushes in order get FF right
:ld:

Don't worry Nomura and Square sacrificed Kingdom Hearts for those Disney Dollars and used the money to make FF7 remake.

It had to be done

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Development would have to reach the realm of what I call is technical tedium and go through massive amount of micro technical details that it becomes an infeasible development cycle that would feel like constant crunch to reach modern technical standards for 60+ hour game.

I feel making a AAA mainstream JRPG is simply the largest undertaking in gaming industry. pre-production, create hundreds of art assets, and story-boarding a 60 hour story would be hell. Getting animators, writers to do tens of thousands of lines and top notch voicing acting for multiple languages would be hell. Hours of motion capturing actors would be hell. Then, you got bring in a fukking orchestra to do enough music for 80 hour game and lets not even get into sound engineering. Getting high visual fidelity that comes with JRPG would be a nightmare( Like FF7R doesn't have bad texture, but texture streaming is hella limited on ps4. So, shyt looks blurry and FF7 remake gets too much hatefor n it. When it drops on PC in a year and it still looks awful. I'd agree.) Then, you still got to make or buy a fukking game engine.

That's like 1 1/2 year of work alone.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The biggest problem with FF games are the stories are now too convoluted and the characters are lame. It’s hard to get invested in the games now.

I put like 40 hours in FF15 and gave up because I just didn’t give a shyt about what’s going on.