Will Sony respond to the purchase of Blizzard/Activision by Microsoft?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I wouldn't say too big to fall. I didn't EA could fukk up Battlefield. That shyt is DONE for..

that's a low blow breh....that wasn't necessary. :mjcry:

crying-man.gif

Man fukk you....negged.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Maybe Square, but I doubt Sony has the $ to buy a publisher. For Sony to drive more revenue, they need to make day&date for PC; create a launcher for PC, and maybe play anywhere (buying a new PS5 exclusive will make it you own it on PC too).

@itsyoung!! @Master Teacher @Fatboi1 y'all agree?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe Square, but I doubt Sony has the $ to buy a publisher. For Sony to drive more revenue, they need to make day&date for PC; create a launcher for PC, and maybe play anywhere (buying a new PS5 exclusive will make it you own it on PC too).

Seems like you just want Sony to mirror everything MSFT is doing lol.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Seems like you just want Sony to mirror everything MSFT is doing lol.

They can't buy a publisher, but if they want to up their revenue, they have to open up to PC. A PS launcher on PC, means they get all the profits on PC games(no 30% cut going to Steam).

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sony doesn’t have the money to compete in an arms race.

If Microsoft really makes COD exclusive then I view that as just as big of a hit as Dreamcast not getting EA games.

Sony obviously has their loyal fanbase but a console without COD and Overwatch is gonna have a hard time.

Look how much simply having marketing rights ment to PS4.

Not having the game at all is gonna suck. I don’t even know how they can/should respond. Only thing they could do imo is find a way to make fortnight exclusive, but that’s not gonna happen.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Since Sony doesn't usually purchase publishers I think they should purchase bungie. Bungie could help them create a good First person shooter.
Bungie is published by activision

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

I think Sony needs to focus on making games that hold people attention longer than 2 weeks :manny:

and if thats not an attainable goal for them, and they want to be this super serious single player driven console, then they need to find a way for their current publishers to push more content more often

Microsoft is obviously gearing up for a massive multiplayer run

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Japan is traditionally the indicator of how the gaming world is going to go. Sony abandoning them is basically a traitor move, and Nintendo dominates their charts forever.
The home console marker cratered in Japan a while ago. They let it go because the strength wasn't there anymore and it made more sense to focus elsewhere.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
There still an independent developer up for grabs.

and they want to own their IPs going forward (they own Destiny).

Sony will be more than fine. Everytime there is a doomsday gloom and doom situation, they end up being even better. Still top revenue earner, almost double, of their competitors. They'll be fine.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and they want to own their IPs going forward (they own Destiny).

Sony will be more than fine. Everytime there is a doomsday gloom and doom situation, they end up being even better. Still top revenue earner, almost double, of their competitors. They'll be fine.

You right. Usually when pressure is applied to Sony that's when they do they best.