Will Sony respond to the purchase of Blizzard/Activision by Microsoft?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
A lot

You can't thoroughly win, if you leave out 1/3 of the gaming world in the dark, and also that is home (Japan)

how big do yall think Japan is? :skip:

Japan does more mobile gaming than ever. They weren't "abandoned" :skip:

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
like its been said, they are better off just unlatching and doing their thing like nintendo. they have an undeniable 1st party, they have robust online, and they got all the 3rd party support there is to be had. they dont need to arm wrestle ms every generation. they do need to hop on the subscription model tho. the whole electronic sector is moving that way

They already have a sub model with both PS Plus and PS Now. Merging them or having a program that combines them both should have been done YEARS ago. At least they finally doing it now.

Putting these high budget AAA games on PS Now day 1 is stupid considering the physical sales of the games.

MS is doing it to grow Gamepass numbers (i get the strategy but would have gotten the physical/digital full price sales before putting on GP. Wait at least a month or so). With this latest purchase, that 15 a month ain't lasting.

But Sony will be fine. If Microsoft kills Call Of Duty on Playstation platforms, that makes recouping on their investment even dumber. Too much bread you leaving on the table from the base that generates the most of revenue on consoles. That's free money.

But Sony will be fine.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
CoD and dead games from blizzard. I doubt they have to worry too much. CoD is the biggest concern but Sony most likely will try to come out with something to combat it. If they find an IP to steal its throne then they are good. Not saying it's easy given CoD has that built in popularity.

But a lot of gamers like myself have one console and usually have a powerful enough PC to enjoy new games. So, this shyt won't make me purchase an Xbox anytime soon.

the "Dead" games from Blizzard are still bigger than any Sony game :russ:

a Blizzard game, Diablo 3, is the best selling RPG on Peasant Station :russ:

You cant stop the rain :russ:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
the "Dead" games from Blizzard are still bigger than any Sony game :russ:

a Blizzard game, Diablo 3, is the best selling RPG on Peasant Station :russ:

You cant stop the rain :russ:

:dead:

:pachaha:

Yall talk about console nikkaz but stay on the comedy and fukkery too :russ:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
They already have a sub model with both PS Plus and PS Now. Merging them or having a program that combines them both should have been done YEARS ago. At least they finally doing it now.

Putting these high budget AAA games on PS Now day 1 is stupid considering the physical sales of the games.

MS is doing it to grow Gamepass numbers (i get the strategy but would have gotten the physical/digital full price sales before putting on GP. Wait at least a month or so). With this latest purchase, that 15 a month ain't lasting.

But Sony will be fine. If Microsoft kills Call Of Duty on Playstation platforms, that makes recouping on their investment even dumber. Too much bread you leaving on the table from the base that generates the most of revenue on consoles. That's free money.

But Sony will be fine.

The money Microsoft will be missing is nothing to what Sony will be losing with these third-party titles possibly no longer being on PS storefront/PSN etc.. Sony revenue was making a killing with those titles and now they could possibly be gone. I would like to add that you know consumers is not loyal. Everyone will jump shyt so fast to Xbox to play COD ain't shyt stopping.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Sony can't compete with that. But they can continue to produce the most quality titles which will keep the real enthusiast gamers coming back for more.
jordan-laughing-michael-jordan.gif

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since Sony doesn't usually purchase publishers I think they should purchase bungie. Bungie could help them create a good First person shooter.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Why do they need to? Sony got to the top doing what they're doing. They can continue to do that. There's a lot of sensational takes in here but I don't feel like they should feel threatened by this at all.

I think at a bare minimum we need another FPS.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
how big do yall think Japan is? :skip:

Japan does more mobile gaming than ever. They weren't "abandoned" :skip:

Japan is traditionally the indicator of how the gaming world is going to go. Sony abandoning them is basically a traitor move, and Nintendo dominates their charts forever.