Will Sony respond to the purchase of Blizzard/Activision by Microsoft?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
All M$ has to do now, is get a timed 3-5 year exclusive rights to Madden or GTA. They don't even have to BUY out another company again. Just throw $$$ on getting exclusive rights on gaming franchises for 5 years, and Sony would be :damn: :sadbron:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
All M$ has to do now, is get a timed 3-5 year exclusive rights to Madden or GTA. They don't even have to BUY out another company again. Just throw $$$ on getting exclusive rights on gaming franchises for 5 years, and Sony would be :damn: :sadbron:

Yall ahve so little faith in microsoft actually making a good game :mjlol:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yall ahve so little faith in microsoft actually making a good game :mjlol:

But a time exclusive is definitely on the table :sas2:

M$ gets these companies on page, and they can lock in GTA or Madden for exclusive 5 year deals, while TT and EA can still remain independent. That's all M$ has to do to win against Sony, at this point.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
But a time exclusive is definitely on the table :sas2:

M$ gets these companies on page, and they can lock in GTA or Madden for exclusive 5 year deals, while TT and EA can still remain independent. That's all M$ has to do to win against Sony, at this point.

I’m rooting for you :therethere:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
3rd party :hula: solely CoD

Sony can most def make up the sales of call of duty with their own popular multiplayer games that they make 100% of the profit on. Especially if warzone is still on playstation
I wish I could find a definitive list of the best selling PS4 games but even just compiling a bunch of sources it looks like Activision/MS/Bethesda accounts for like 7 in the top 20. Maybe like 5 from Sony? And the rest from other third parties (EA, T2 etc). 1st party doesn't appear to be anywhere close to the revenue generator being suggested.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They couldn't do that because of the NFL license terms.

It's weird to see y'all wish for some shyt like this or more publisher acquisitions. Wouldn't y'all all on that "competition!!!" wave a little while ago?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wish I could find a definitive list of the best selling PS4 games but even just compiling a bunch of sources it looks like Activision/MS/Bethesda accounts for like 7 in the top 20. Maybe like 5 from Sony? And the rest from other third parties (EA, T2 etc). 1st party doesn't appear to be anywhere close to the revenue generator being suggested.

Again, you’re equating CoD alone to the majority of 3rd party sales

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Again, you’re equating CoD alone to the majority of 3rd party sales
I'm not equating the two but there are multiple CoD entries lol. And that's not counting last years or Warzone. No other franchise, 3rd or 1st party is doing that. Though I'm not gonna front and act like I understand how CoD is still doing these type of numbers :dahell:.

Half A $

Pro
Daps
If ms spends 100bill and loses this generation:mjlol:

pressure is on

it’s not if they wil lose and come 3rd as well.

imagine man city outspending Liverpool And Chelsea 20 billion and coming 3rd. If m$ was a sporting team they’ll be a laughing stock

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

Sony first party titles don't sale at all compared to consoles. PS4 is over what 100 million systems worldwide and the highest selling title barely hit 20 million sold. Last of Us 2 I don't think hit 10 million.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I just talked to three of my nephews who are still in elementary - 8, 9, and 11.

All three are COD fanatics. My two sisters always get them the latest COD every Christmas. Oldest sis son is the 9 year old. Second oldest sis sons are the 11 and 8 year old. But my nephews are also Playstation stans and have a PS5 - cuz yours truly blessed em christmas 2020.

Told what happen if future COD games was only on Xbox? All three told me they'd rather just play the older ones or something else then get an Xbox just to play the newer COD :gladbron:

So proud of these boys mang :to:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I just talked to three of my nephews who are still in elementary - 8, 9, and 11.

All three are COD fanatics. My two sisters always get them the latest COD every Christmas. Oldest sis son is the 9 year old. Second oldest sis sons are the 11 and 8 year old. But my nephews are also Playstation stans and have a PS5 - cuz yours truly blessed em christmas 2020.

Told what happen if future COD games was only on Xbox? All three told me they'd rather just play the older ones or something else then get an Xbox just to play the newer COD :gladbron:

So proud of these boys mang :to:

Until their mom can subscribe monthly for less than the price of a single game. They all be jumping ship

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Sony first party titles don't sale at all compared to consoles. PS4 is over what 100 million systems worldwide and the highest selling title barely hit 20 million sold. Last of Us 2 I don't think hit 10 million.
Yea, I'm kind of shocked at how big the disparity is. I mean the numbers for Spider-Man and GoW ain't nothing to sneeze at, still impressive. But when you think about stuff like microtransactions or hell, even people subscribing to PS+ for online multiplayer, third party games (namely CoD) are what's driving that stuff :francis: . It's why I'm waffling on whether I think it'll go exclusive. That's just so much money.