Will Smith from The Saints\ OSU Buckeyes killed in New Orleans tonight (UPDATE: Man found GUILTY)

Man On Fire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
nyc
That low life doofus isn't getting off. He murdered another brother in cold blood because of a fender bender. All he had to do was get the plates and call 911. They probably both spazzed Will probably saw this obvious low life as a threat to his wife. Dude is going under the jail and deservedly so. Brehs stop making excuses for jackasses. Drive a Hummer, kill another brother, end up going to jail for life bc of a fender bender brehs:snoop:

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
By Ken Daley, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Follow on Twitter
on April 13, 2016 at 12:25 PM, updated April 13, 2016 at 12:41 PM

Will Smith died after being shot eight times, including seven times in the back, Orleans Parish coroner Dr. Jeffrey Rouse said Wednesday (April 13).

The former Saints star was shot twice in the left upper back, twice in the left mid-back, and three times in the lower back, Rouse said in a statement. The eight bullet hit him in the lateral chest wall, the statement said.

"Many of these bullets perforated vital organs, including the lungs and heart," Rouse said.

Rouse disclosed the gunshot wounds that killed the former Saints defensive end as part of preliminary autopsy results. Complete autopsy results, including toxicology findings indicating the presence of alcohol or drugs in Smith's system, are pending.

Smith, 34, was fatally shot April 9, around 11:30 p.m., following a traffic collision on Sophie Wright Place near Felicity Street in the Lower Garden District. New Orleans police booked Cardell Hayes, 28, with second-degree murder in connection with the shooting.

Hayes' attorney John Fuller has said that "legally speaking," his client is not guilty of second-degree murder. Fuller's hints at an upcoming claim self-defense appeared to be bolstered Tuesday when the NOPD revealed that a loaded gun was recovered from Smith's vehicle.

"Everyone was threatened that was out there," Fuller said Monday. "Multiple witnesses have told me that someone besides my client and his friend were behaving in a threatening nature out there on that night.

"My client has been pilloried, tried and convicted in social media, print media, television media, when the truth of the matter is that he is not guilty. When the New Orleans Police Department reveals everything that they've learned, then you all will have a different impression of this case than has been created thus far."

Orleans Parish Magistrate Judge Harry Cantrell scheduled a preliminary hearing April 28, at which time authorities would have to present sufficient evidence to establish probable cause for keeping Hayes jailed with a $1 million bond.

Fuller and co-counsel Jay Daniels would have their first opportunity to cross-examine police on their preliminary findings at that hearing. Four days later, on May 2, Fuller will be off the case for at least six months as he begins serving a pro tem appointment to preside as judge in Section D of Criminal District Court, until the election of a new judge in November.

"I think maybe the public is being misled as to all the dynamics that were involved," Fuller said. "There have been a number of actions that occurred that night, prior to this incident. So, hopefully, all that stuff comes out when we present some of our witnesses at the preliminary hearing."

However, if District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro secures a grand jury indictment charging Hayes with murder before 10 a.m. on April 28, the preliminary hearing would be rendered moot and not be held. The indictment would establish probable cause to keep Hayes in custody, and a new judge could maintain or change Hayes' bond amount.

:jbhmm:

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
But was he supposed to wait for Smith to grab his gun & turn around to face him like an old Western draw?

I mean, if someone is reaching for their gun and you get to yours first, then it's just their misfortune...

Smith's last words to the shooter were "I'm done talking," right? Assuming the statement is admitted, then a jury will wonder what "I'm done talking" means to a reasonable person in the defendant's position.

Does it mean "I am going to get my gun and shoot you?"

Does it mean "I am going to my car to get my phone and call the cops?"

Personally, I hope that there is video of the actual sidewalk transactions and video of the shooting. Reading body language helps to determine intent behind vague statements like "I'm done talking."

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
That low life doofus isn't getting off. He murdered another brother in cold blood because of a fender bender. All he had to do was get the plates and call 911. They probably both spazzed Will probably saw this obvious low life as a threat to his wife. Dude is going under the jail and deservedly so. Brehs stop making excuses for jackasses. Drive a Hummer, kill another brother, end up going to jail for life bc of a fender bender brehs:snoop:

There was a loaded gun found in Smith's car. You just gonna stand there when this dude wilds out on you, tells you he has a gun, then heads to the car to go get said gun?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Smith's last words to the shooter were "I'm done talking," right? Assuming the statement is admitted, then a jury will wonder what "I'm done talking" means to a reasonable person in the defendant's position.

Does it mean "I am going to get my gun and shoot you?"

Does it mean "I am going to my car to get my phone and call the cops?"

Personally, I hope that there is video of the actual sidewalk transactions and video of the shooting. Reading body language helps to determine intent behind vague statements like "I'm done talking."

Is their any proof of this? I mean the only person left alive gets to tell their side of the story.

It's at least manslaughter if he shot the wife by accident. Unless she's still alive, then she's a witness they can seal his fate more than likely.

Also if Smith's body was found in his car, the shooter is clearly the aggressor because he had to get out his vehicle and approach him as well as invade his personal space which is not self defense.

If Smith's body was found near the shooter's car he would have a better case. Looks like he murdered smith and his wife.

Last edited:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
It is a wrap if the wife was shot first.

I honestly thought she was in the car, and that is how she got shot from the stray bullets.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
For everyone that said Pierre Thomas is shook, he did the smart thing by not revealing details through social media:patrice:

Especially if the wife got shot first:jbhmm: