Will Smith from The Saints\ OSU Buckeyes killed in New Orleans tonight (UPDATE: Man found GUILTY)

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
Comments on nola.com from the presser

beesknees17 minutes ago
@crayrun A lot of what this attorney is saying doesn't seem to be adding up. The attorney says Will stood over his body after shooting him which implies a body on the ground. But we know Smith was found in the car with only his feet on the ground.

crayrun14 minutes ago
I hope he's not messing this one up by giving us a play by play. Of course this case needs to be judged by the facts, but this seems hurried and not well thought out.

AttyDAG15 minutes ago
With an ongoing police investigation why did the family make any statement at all? I do not understand any of this.

sc22just now
@AttyDAG Because the defendant is getting his "side" of the story out basically blaming Will Smith for his own death. I can't imagine being in their shoes and just being able to stomach that and stay quiet.

nola_d17 minutes ago
The lawyer's story certainly doesn't add up to the witness statement. I wouldn't expect Smith's lawyer to say anything else though.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
This may alter the narrative drastically....again. Stand your ground wouldn't apply to the wife.
This story (absent the killing) got more twists than a General Mills joint.

Story taking even more twists:ohhh:

This one of them cases where you just need video of the whole incident. shyt gets crazier every day

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
Comments on nola.com from the presser

beesknees17 minutes ago
@crayrun A lot of what this attorney is saying doesn't seem to be adding up. The attorney says Will stood over his body after shooting him which implies a body on the ground. But we know Smith was found in the car with only his feet on the ground.

crayrun14 minutes ago
I hope he's not messing this one up by giving us a play by play. Of course this case needs to be judged by the facts, but this seems hurried and not well thought out.

AttyDAG15 minutes ago
With an ongoing police investigation why did the family make any statement at all? I do not understand any of this.

sc22just now
@AttyDAG Because the defendant is getting his "side" of the story out basically blaming Will Smith for his own death. I can't imagine being in their shoes and just being able to stomach that and stay quiet.

nola_d17 minutes ago
The lawyer's story certainly doesn't add up to the witness statement. I wouldn't expect Smith's lawyer to say anything else though.
These tweets are in the money

Haynes is booked on murder charges... why you trying to win the media room?

The entire WS side looking more shady by the day.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Family attorney story sounds bogus as fukk. No witness accounts that have come out said they heard 2 separate exchanges of discharges.
He said that they didnt stop because they saw no damages but video clearly shows that no one got out the truck at all to actually check if there were damages to determine that.
They said Hayes was stood over the body of Smith when we have seen the photos of Smith dying INSIDE the truck, not on the ground.

Not saying its bullshyt but there is nothing to suggest any of that happened as of yet. Sounds like damage control to help a conviction instead of statement of facts. :yeshrug:

Edit: My homegirl apparently knew Hayes as well. Didnt know if its from school or socially. I knw she went to SUNO and Xavier.

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
These tweets are in the money

Haynes is booked on murder charges... why you trying to win the media room?

The entire WS side looking more shady by the day.
why even have a family lawyer speak anyway on this...Shouldn't they leave that to the Prosecutor's office :jbhmm:

The Doer Of Deeds

Feed Me A Stray Cat
Daps
This may alter the narrative drastically....again. Stand your ground wouldn't apply to the wife.
This story (absent the killing) got more twists than a General Mills joint.
Unclear if SYG applies at all here. In general, it cannot be invoked when the claimant has already committed an unlawful act, such as ramming one's car into another. That doesn't mean Hayes can't claim self defense, but he likely won't be allowed to seek protection under SYG.