Will Smith from The Saints\ OSU Buckeyes killed in New Orleans tonight (UPDATE: Man found GUILTY)

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Hayes' attorney has said his client was the victim of a hit-and-run, and phoned 911 to report the accident while pursuing the vehicle that struck him. The NOPD has not yet confirmed the existence of the 911 call. Fuller said that and other evidence could be presented at his client's preliminary hearing on April 28, and, "When the New Orleans Police Department reveals everything that they've learned, then you all will have a different impression of this case than has been created thus far."

Hayes lawyer sounds way more credible in the court of public opinion brehs. He's also right that NOPD has been intentionally withholding info that helps his client. Look how long it took for them to confirm the second gun.

The NOPD doesn't owe the public any information, their responsibility is to collect information for the case, not for us :manny:

Like I've said before in this thread, Louisiana Courts don't work on a speedy basis:yeshrug:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No I'm doing it to you,you stupid bytch.

First off I said they "MIGHT" have bias you dumb fukk,never said they would for sure or wouldn't for sure.

Then check back on page 88 bytch.

I clearly,based off everything we have as of NOW has dude winning this case as self defense.

Which is clear to see with these comments just in case yo dumb ass don't wanna go check on page 88:

Clearly I say it's not looking good for Smith.

Now you dumb bytch,learn how to comprehend before you start getting riled up over shyt you know nothing about stupid fukk nikka:russ:

:camby::snoop:

You really are a fukking idiot :what:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
So "standing over a body" doesn't = actually standing over a body ?

What else could it mean brah?

It doesn't have to literally mean a body was on the ground and someone was standing over it. You don't think the lawyer saw the crime scene photos and isn't aware that Will was slumped over the drivers side of the car. Standing over in his terms could mean Hayes was standing over Smiths slumped over body in the car.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
ok, from a law enforcement/legal standpoint

hit and run not withstanding, he knew it was will smith, so you follow the man and then confront him with the weapon already on you and open up shots

bruh thats damn near pre-meditated murder

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
Racquel Smith viewed her husband Will as a protector and "Superman," and she wanted the rest of the world to know it.

That's why Smith and her family called a press conference Wednesday to offer their account of the incident Saturday night (April 9) in the Lower Garden District in which former New Orleans Saints player Will Smith was fatally shot after a confrontation with another motorist. (Read full report about the press conference.)

Racquel Smith, still recovering at University Medical Center after being shot in both legs, has been pained by what she and her family saw as a one-sided depiction of that night, according to attorney Peter Thomson, who represents the family.

Will Smith was shot twice in the left upper back, twice in the left mid-back, three times in the lower back, and once in the left lateral chest wall, Dr. Jeffrey Rouse said.

Thomson indicated the family wanted to make sure there was no ambiguity about they believe happened. "What we wanted the public to know was that Will Smith was not the aggressor; he was not armed; he had retreated; this was cold-blooded murder," he said in a brief interview with NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune after the press conference.

Police have charged Cardell Hayes with second-degree murder in the case. His defense attorney John Fuller has said Hayes "was not the aggressor" in the incident, and that his client and other witnesses to the shooting felt threatened by someone else at the scene.

"Racquel has already been through a lot," Thomson said. "She's been shot, lost her husband, been in tremendous pain. But to see these distortions being circulated has been very difficult, and she wanted to correct those lies and distortions."

Will Smith second line now set for Friday night

The parade will start Friday at 6 p.m. at the Half Moon Bar & Grill at 1125 St. Mary's Street, organizers said.

The press conference could be a sign Racquel Smith will remain actively involved in the case as it winds its way through the New Orleans justice system.

Thomson said she wants to see justice served.

"She doesn't want to sit on sidelines," Thomson said. "She has already interviewed with NOPD detectives and she's cooperating fully. She's just lost the love of her life and her children have lost their father. She wants to see her husband's killer prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

She also backtracked after the domestic abuse incident saying "it was all a misunderstanding". Her word isn't really that strong imo :yeshrug:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I think it's likely Hayes is involved on some sort of drug distribution or pimping....unless there has been mentions of his employment... He is driving an H2 in one of the most economically depressed states/cities in the country, he has priors for possession and distribution of syrup, and he was riding with a pistol.....That could be a factor in the legal proceedings too, esp. at trial, if it a) true, and b) admissible. It could also explain what some may characterize as an extreme reaction.

Edit: inheritance explains his assets....

Last edited:

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
And all in the back

Plus 2 to the wife
I can't believe some are defending Hayes
It's complicated. I think many empathize with Hayes for obvious reasons. Personally I think it's misguided but the facts need to play out and witnesses need to testify. Hayes is fighting a murder 2 rap and the wife is fighting to clear her and her husbands name before the Lawyers abscond with all that NFL money. Desperation on both sides.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
I think it's likely Hayes is involved on some sort of drug distribution or pimping....unless there has been mentions of his employment... He is driving an H2 in one of the most economically depressed states/cities in the country, he has priors for possession and distribution of syrup, and he was riding with a pistol.....That could be a factor in the legal proceedings too, esp. at trial, if it a) true, and b) admissible. It could also explain what some may characterize as an extreme reaction.

Edit: inheritance explains his assets....

The money was inherited

Its alsl come out Will Smith had a loaded gun in his car if the link hasnt been posted.