Will Smith from The Saints\ OSU Buckeyes killed in New Orleans tonight (UPDATE: Man found GUILTY)

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
Smith fell into a perfect (sadly) situation to get shot in self defense.

He hit all the requirements for that man to shoot him:

1. Aggressive altercation to the point he pushed his wife down.

2. Hit and run.

3. Verbal threat to retrieve a gun.

4. The action of retrieving and assessibility of the gun.

5. Uninvolved witness for all this.

Will was either drunk and/or very unknowledgeable about gun laws. While Hayes contrary was.

Hayes may do time for having the gun and maybe hitting the wife. Concerning b the wife though...is it the result of a bullet passing through her husband who may have been in the act of a violent felony?
Hold up @ those last 2 paragraphs.

If Will Smith was in the act of a violent felony when he reached for his gun, THEN SO WAS HAYES WHEN HE GRABBED HIS GUN SECONDS PRIOR. They did a lot of the same shyt (committed several of the same acts), but Hayes went harder with SUV ramming and slicker with the cross talking and faster with the pistol popping.

What charges will Hayes catch for intentionally ramming an SUV containing 4-5 adults? For intentionally causing a chain reaction of car crashes?

This is real life -- not a PG13 movie where someone misbehaves and "learns a valuable lesson."
There is no good guy in this scenario.
There are two big black irate footballers behaving badly over dinged SUVs,
BUT THERE IS NO GOOD GUY IN THIS SCENARIO.

Last edited:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
When Smith turned to retrieve his gun from his own car, Hayes had the option of leaving the scene. He could shoot Smith or not. He could remain present or disengage by fleeing.

Firing 8 bullets into 2 unarmed ppl is excessive force -- not self defense. Hayes is about to find THAT the fukk out. He stopped just short of spraying bullets into a crowd like during a drive by. Maybe he'll work out a plea deal.

Did Smith rear end Hayes AND THEN Hayes rear ended Smith? Gun toting megalomaniacs drive in circles after dark around NOLA. Consider yourself warned.

And don't use "big bogs" in your posts, brehs.
Louisiana's stand your ground law says he doesn't have to flee.

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Yes. Will was out there acting a donkey. No use denying it. Offer vague condolences. Don't discuss these ugly specifics.

--Smith barely tapped Hayes.
--Smith drove away hoping that Hayes would overlook the tap.
--Hayes **rammed** Smith from behind.
--Smith got rammed into the Impala ahead.
--Smith emerged from his SUV **beyond** angry.
I think if the transaction had started with Will Smith's car being tapped lightly by a hummer behind him, then Smith would overlook it and drive away. No need to swap insurance info over something so minor. His NFL money can repair a ding without the hassle of anyone else's insurance. u_u

But Hayes maybe did not have that kind of dough.
I hope he has enough $$$ to pay Louisiana's finest defense attorneys. (Woulda been cheaper to scribble down license plate numbers and call the cops rather than ramming folks, but.......here we are. -_- )

Will First Take address the latest details of this case today?

The 2nd of your "ugly specifics" is where this entire situation melted down into a quagmire. That's ENTIRELY on Smith's dumbass.

As for the bolded, man I love to see sports fans who think cause they watch these cats, they actually know them or their situations. How can you diagnose what Smith's reaction would be in a reverse situation? Ol' "he got NFL money, he a local hero, he gon let it skate" ass nikka. You really wanna sell a notion that he'd have handled your hypothetical properly when he handled the reality about as poorly as an adult could? The evidence of his crap judgment is on full in display in the video the minute he pulls off after hitting Hayes.

Then you wanna speculate on Haye's $ situation like that has anything to do with this incident :what:

Last edited:

King Poetic

I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Will Smith fukked up and Hayes reaction could go 50/50... shooting a dude in his back even though will had a gun but u clearly didn't see him grabbed it and smith lawyers could say he was returning back to his car to retrieve his insurance card..

Either way.. Will should have just pulled over apologize for rear ending dude and go from there

Sad on both sides

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
Good Lord :noah:

12338971_626676047470648_102923868_n.jpg

12093351_840241132741443_517981486_n.jpg

11419114_920471134642649_2141403754_n.jpg

10401677_1516310155335522_1406464995_n.jpg

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Yes. Will was out there acting a donkey. No use denying it. Offer vague condolences. Don't discuss these ugly specifics.

--Smith barely tapped Hayes.
--Smith drove away hoping that Hayes would overlook the tap.
--Hayes **rammed** Smith from behind.
--Smith got rammed into the Impala ahead.
--Smith emerged from his SUV **beyond** angry.
I think if the transaction had started with Will Smith's car being tapped lightly by a hummer behind him, then Smith would overlook it and drive away. No need to swap insurance info over something so minor. His NFL money can repair a ding without the hassle of anyone else's insurance. u_u

I was riding w/ you up 'til the underlined part.

But you were making really good points up til then. You're right. there are no heroes in this situation.

Hypothetically, would either of these guys act up as much or at all if it was a white man as the other party?

I think we all know the answer to that. :sas2:

Africans usually be on their best behavior around them folks. :sas1:

Africans should be on their best behavior around their own, too. :usure:

As Common said:

Yo we gotta start respectin' life more y'all
You look at your brother man you gotta see yourself
Gotta see the God within him
Brothers gettin' changed real quick over nothin' ...
Click to expand...​

Do see u God within your own kind?

Or do you see evil?

:mjpls:

...lowkey, a lot of the same preconceptions mentioned in this thread might have been going through both of their heads during the exchange that led up to the shooting. think about how you view your own kind on the street... based on the way he/she is dressed .... based on how his girl looks and is dressed... what he's driving... how he carries himself... the language he uses... who he is rolling with ... Africans do it on here everyday ... this is way deeper than some code of the streets stuff.

Y'all better check y'all selves, too. Based on many of y'alls actions on here and biases and subconscious/conscious hate y'all have toward your own kind on here, this coulda been one of y'all getting slumped.

:usure:

Aura check. Get ya heart right toward your own.

But don't sleep, tho. :birdman:

Last edited:

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Hold up @ those last 2 paragraphs.

If Will Smith was in the act of a violent felony when he reached for his gun, THEN SO WAS HAYES WHEN HE GRABBED HIS GUN SECONDS PRIOR. They did a lot of the same shyt (committed several of the same acts), but Hayes went harder with SUV ramming and slicker with the cross talking and faster with the pistol popping.

What charges will Hayes catch for intentionally ramming an SUV containing 4-5 adults? For intentionally causing a chain reaction of car crashes?

This is real life -- not a PG13 movie where someone misbehaves and "learns a valuable lesson."
There is no good guy in this scenario.
There are two big black irate footballers behaving badly over dinged SUVs,
BUT THERE IS NO GOOD GUY IN THIS SCENARIO.

You're right if Hayes indeed rammed Wills truck. THAT would be the beginning of the new chain of events leading to the shooting. Making him the aggressor.

Also, Hayes displayed aggression cacs don't want to see. SYG laws meant for meek, frail, cacs to defend themselves against big black guys. Not big black guys from other big black guys. If Hayes was a frail white guy he would have went home that night!

So they're probably going to make an example of him.

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
NEW ORLEANS —The attorney for the passenger who was riding in the vehicle of the man arrested in the death of former New Orleans Saints defensive end Will Smith issued a statement Tuesday night.
The passenger of Cardell Hayes' Hummer H2, Kevin Oneale, told his attorney that Cardell saved his life.
Attorney Tanzanike Ruffin issued the following statement to NBC News:

“My client believes that Cardell saved his life." Ruffin said. "Smith had a gun and was going to shoot it and Cardell may have saved both of their lives … in my mind this is justifiable homicide. Was Will Smith acting like a Saint? This was a hit-and-run that ended up in a tragedy. You’ve got the aggression of two football players, facing off with each other as if they are on the field and you are going to get your point across by any means necessary.”

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NEW ORLEANS —The attorney for the passenger who was riding in the vehicle of the man arrested in the death of former New Orleans Saints defensive end Will Smith issued a statement Tuesday night.
The passenger of Cardell Hayes' Hummer H2, Kevin Oneale, told his attorney that Cardell saved his life.
Attorney Tanzanike Ruffin issued the following statement to NBC News:

“My client believes that Cardell saved his life." Ruffin said. "Smith had a gun and was going to shoot it and Cardell may have saved both of their lives … in my mind this is justifiable homicide. Was Will Smith acting like a Saint? This was a hit-and-run that ended up in a tragedy. You’ve got the aggression of two football players, facing off with each other as if they are on the field and you are going to get your point across by any means necessary.”

Did she really say this? :what: :snoop: