Will Smith from The Saints\ OSU Buckeyes killed in New Orleans tonight (UPDATE: Man found GUILTY)

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
This is what happen when you try to be a tough guy. When you're really not about that life.

Because you're going to end up running across a real one like we saw in this situation.

But we don't know if Smith was acting like the tough guy, or if he was even the aggressor. It's all speculation. Smith's gun was likely found upon a search of the vehicle at the police compound, which to me tells me it wasn't readily available,because if it was we likely would have gotten that information 2 days ago because it would have been in sight at the crime scene. This really isn't big news to me, I'd wager the majority of people in the South have guns in their car.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
But we don't know if Smith was acting like the tough guy, or if he was even the aggressor. It's all speculation. Smith's gun was likely found upon a search of the vehicle at the police compound, which to me tells me it wasn't readily available,because if it was we likely would have gotten that information 2 days ago because it would have been in sight at the crime scene. This really isn't big news to me, I'd wager the majority of people in the South have guns in their car.
Report said the police were waiting on a warrant to search the vehicle. Thats why it took a couple days to find the gun in his ride.

dterpsss

SOHH OG Class 2004
Daps
Reppin
Home of the terrapins
If home boy waited for smith to go to his car to retrieve the gun, he would have lowered his chance of survival by a significant amount if smith was intending to use it.....i don't really know what to think about this situation

State of Louisiana Justifiable homicide

A. A homicide is justifiable:

(1) When committed in self-defense by one who reasonably believes that he is in imminent danger of losing his life or receiving great bodily harm and that the killing is necessary to save himself from that danger.

(2) When committed for the purpose of preventing a violent or forcible felony involving danger to life or of great bodily harm by one who reasonably believes that such an offense is about to be committed and that such action is necessary for its prevention. The circumstances must be sufficient to excite the fear of a reasonable person that there would be serious danger to his own life or person if he attempted to prevent the felony without the killing.

(3) When committed against a person whom one reasonably believes to be likely to use any unlawful force against a person present in a dwelling or a place of business, or when committed against a person whom one reasonably believes is attempting to use any unlawful force against a person present in a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40), while committing or attempting to commit a burglary or robbery of such dwelling, business, or motor vehicle.

(4)(a) When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40) when the conflict began, against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person committing the homicide reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle.

(b) The provisions of this Paragraph shall not apply when the person committing the homicide is engaged, at the time of the homicide, in the acquisition of, the distribution of, or possession of, with intent to distribute a controlled dangerous substance in violation of the provisions of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law.

B. For the purposes of this Section, there shall be a presumption that a person lawfully inside a dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle held a reasonable belief that the use of deadly force was necessary to prevent unlawful entry thereto, or to compel an unlawful intruder to leave the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle when the conflict began, if both of the following occur:

(1) The person against whom deadly force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcibly entering or had unlawfully and forcibly entered the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle.

(2) The person who used deadly force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry was occurring or had occurred.

C. A person who is not engaged in unlawful activity and who is in a place where he or she has a right to be shall have no duty to retreat before using deadly force as provided for in this Section, and may stand his or her ground and meet force with force.

D. No finder of fact shall be permitted to consider the possibility of retreat as a factor in determining whether or not the person who used deadly force had a reasonable belief that deadly force was reasonable and apparently necessary to prevent a violent or forcible felony involving life or great bodily harm or to prevent the unlawful entry.

Added by Acts 1976, No. 655, §1. Amended by Acts 1977, No. 392, §1; Acts 1983, No. 234, §1; Acts 1993, No. 516, §1; Acts 1997, No. 1378, §1; Acts 2003, No. 660, §1; Acts 2006, No. 141, §1; Acts 2014, No. 163, §1.

:patrice:

Last edited:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The police needed a warrant

Police had previously said they were waiting for a search warrant in order to look inside Smith's SUV and Hayes' Hummer. That warrant was executed Tuesday morning, police said.

Loaded handgun found inside Will Smith's car, NOPD says

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Report said the police were waiting on a warrant to search the vehicle. Thats why it took a couple days to find the gun in his ride.

The police needed a warrant

Police had previously said they were waiting for a search warrant in order to look inside Smith's SUV and Hayes' Hummer. That warrant was executed Tuesday morning, police said.

Loaded handgun found inside Will Smith's car, NOPD says

Yea that is exactly why I said they needed to SEARCH the vehicle to find the weapon, and it wasn't ready available in sight at the crime scene. Not sure how them needing a warrant changes that.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
na, most people don't have guns in they breh.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I hate to say it, but as more details are start leak out....It looks like Smith foolishly set himself up to get killed. :yeshrug:.

All of this could've been avoided if he would've handled the situation better and admit he was in the wrong for running into the killer's hummer.

And also if he wouldn't had mentioned about getting his gun :snoop:

Not saying that the killer was in the right to do what he did, but its looking like a case of dude possibly thinking "I'm gonna get you, before you get me".

What a roller coaster ride this thread has been :wow:

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those toxicology reports.......

Exactly....Will Smith was my Buckeye alumni but it's looking more bad for him. He was at a festival all day & dinner afterwards, he surely had some alcohol up in him.

That initial hit & run, plus the flexing of egos

:mjcry:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
you can't threaten peoples lives. what is wrong with people? what you expect gon happen? If you threaten me saying you have a gun then go to reach in your car, i'm clappin at you point blank. its key to have witnesses in any "self defense" situation though.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate to say it, but as more details are start leak out....It looks like Smith foolishly set himself up to get killed. :yeshrug:.

All of this could've been avoided if he would've handled the situation better and admit he was in the wrong for running into the killer's hummer.

And also if he wouldn't had mentioned about getting his gun :snoop:

Not saying that the killer was in the right to do what he did, but its looking like a case of dude possibly thinking "I'm gonna get you, before you get me".

What a roller coaster ride this thread has been :wow:

The elders always told me to not act tough, if you're not really about that life. Because it's going to be that day when you run across a real one. :wow:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
na, most people don't have guns in they breh.

Everybody has CHL these days breh. You say that, yet we are discussing a story where two people in an accident both had guns in there car, and one of them had 2. It's much more common than you think, especially in TX/LA. Hell my 60 year old aunt has one in hers.

And the toxicology report will not provide guilt one way or another.

And y'all keep ignoring the fact that Will could have been going to his car to defend himself and his wife, and that's IF he was going to retrieve his own gun which also could have been in response to Hayes brandishing his. A lot of questions still to be answered in this one.

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real shyt I'm born and raised down here. You have to understand the mentality a lot of nikkaz have down here, it sad and unfortunate but it's the truth. Me personally I know if some one is in arm reach of being aggressive towards me I'm not waiting for shyt. I have a wife kids I don't have time to "wait and see" what some clown gonna do to me. This is a sad situation all around cause WS didn't have this to go through dude paid. My wife said she wouldn't be surprised if WS was the aggressor cause she's dealt with him before in the hotel industry down here and said dude is a a$$hole(not to justify his death) and a lot of times as men we let our egos get the best of us, especially if alcohol was involved.