Will Smith from The Saints\ OSU Buckeyes killed in New Orleans tonight (UPDATE: Man found GUILTY)

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cellphone video taken moments after former New Orleans Saints star Will Smith was shot dead recorded an unidentified bystander saying the athlete was the first to claim to have a gun.

The witness doesn’t name the men exchanging angry words — but he seems to accuse Smith of being the aggressor before he was killed in the Lower Garden District at about 11:30 p.m. Saturday.

“This guy was like, ‘Get out of the f–king car, I have a gun,’ ” the witness said allegedly of Smith in footage posted Monday by the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

“And he [supposedly then referring to suspect Cardell Hayes] goes, ‘F–k y’all, I got one, too,’ and he [Hayes] grabs a gun and shoots him [Smith] in the back. He’s dead.”

:francis:

Hit and run then tell a nikka you gon shoot him brehs :smh:

Since a gun has been found, I believe this happened :jbhmm:

I doubt the witness would make up this story

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
This is getting more and more interesting, and less of a slam dunk murder case. While Hayes couldn't have known Smith had a gun, the fact that it was there lends credibility to the allegation that Smith threatened to shoot him. This is one of the biggest grey areas in self defense...when is your life actually in danger? Smith wasn't armed yet, but its looking like he may have been on his way to be. Does Hayes have to wait for him to get his gun and actually point it at him? Or is the threat combined with a motion to get it enough?

But what if Hayes was armed first and Smith was going to his car in his own defense?

This is why people gotta stop flipping sides each time a new detail comes out.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Hate to say it but I agree. With the information coming out I was thinking damn this dude would walk if he was a cop :francis:
I always wondered how many defense attorneys have used the outcome from acquitted cop cases to defend their civilian clients' violent action

But what if Hayes was armed first and Smith was going to his car in his own defense?

This is why people gotta stop flipping sides each time a new detail comes out.
But the new details provide a glimpse into the actions of a person we all were labeling as a typical, reckless, hating azz nikka. It seems like he was "justified" in his fear for his life, if his story and the witness stories are true

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
This is what happen when you try to be a tough guy. When you're really not about that life.

Because you're going to end up running across a real one like we saw in this situation.
It ain't about being about that life, it's about being smart. Neither one of them should have let it get to the point it was taken to. Smith had his wife in the car with him and he was ready to fight at the very least over something stupid

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Either way you cut it the whole black on black crime narrative is not fitting this case but it already exposed all the super c00ns who jumped on how hayes had to be a monster and will smith was a good dude who did nothing wrong in this situation.
Talking about guns and threatening to shoot someone anywhere in america is enough for the police to kill
I feel for smith's family since he has 3 kids and a wife who have to carry on without him over a dumb decision

Man you had people who couldn't wait to invoke the black/black crime narrative and to me its not even about that in this case. But people want to push their agendas.

Also I'm very critical of hip hop, but
50KS8.png
at brehs who initially blamed hip hop for this cat shooting Smith. Wonder if Tyrann has anything to say now :stopitslime:

I think in general we(people) jump the gun too quickly. There's nothing wrong with waiting to gather information.

Its been mentioned several times on here but at the end of the day this situation could have easily been avoided. I think we can ALL learn something from this in how to deal with certain situations.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Now my source tells me Smiths wife got out the car and she escalated the situation . Not sure about this one tho.
We all speculating at this point and we all agree that this situation escalated more than it should have. But what if he said she was coming at him, so he shot to wound her inorder to stop the threat, then how could he not avoid a charge? Especially, if he was a cop saying this