Will Smith felt broken after failure of "After Earth"

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
God forbid i talk shyt about the nonblack movie GoG...i guess people love seeing garbage on screen :mjlol: @OG_StankBrefs go fukk yourself :pacspit:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Breh come on now you knew Sam was going to die in Star Wars tho. Like if you didn't then you hadn't been paying attention to the fact that all Jedi but two were wiped out when a new hope begins. I feel you with stuff but I feel like you're reaching with a lot
Lol but thats what we usually see in Scifi though....Sam's character was a strong character....but he died...like most non sterotypical black males in scifi....the only other film that had a respectable black character was......umm...... that female sciencitist in that space hard scifi flick....forgot the name but her character was intelligent was like the female version of the black astronaut from intersteller (and did not die).

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Says da mufukka who thinks After Earth>>>Guardians of da Galaxy. :dead:

nikka, your taste is absolute fukkin :trash:
Gtfoh, GoG had the same tropes amd plot devices seen in dozens of action, adventure, and space stories in ALL platforms, there was absolutely nothing fresh, original, or innovative about it.

At least AE's premise was way more fresh and innovative which is why I would rate it ahead of GoG. It couldve been executed more properly, but its not like GoG was a good fukking film either...hell Green Lantern was more enjoyable then GoG.

Last edited:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Gtfoh, GoG had the same tropes amd plot devices seen in dozens of action, adventure, and space stories in ALL platforms, there was absolutely nothing fresh, original, or innovative about.

At least AE's premise was way more fresh and innovative which is why I would rate it ahead of GoG. It couldve been executed more properly, but its not like GoG was a good fukking film either...hell Green Lantern was more enjoyable then GoG.

Pure, unadulterated tomfoolery :babyhaha:

Its abundantly clear now that you are Jaden Smith. You can defend your movie all you want for being "fresh" and "Innovative" but that shyt was as fresh as fast food at 2 AM

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Lol but thats what we usually see in Scifi though....Sam's character was a strong character....but he died...like most non sterotypical black males in scifi....the only other film that had a respectable black character was......umm...... that female sciencitist in that space hard scifi flick....forgot the name but her character was intelligent was like the female version of the black astronaut from intersteller (and did not die).

Yaphet Koto was respectable in Alien..along with Idris' character in Prometheus, and Will in MIB. I'm not mad about the thing with Sam because I knew he was going to die from jump. He wanted to be in the movie, he wanted to play a jedi, he wanted to have the purple lightsaber, but he knew he'd die. Yoda and Obi Wan my dude, that's all that were left.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
GoG was pure garabage that had the same concepts that been regargitated time after time again. I hated that shyt.

AE was a completely original concept and a more personal film with a postive black image that people hated because there wasnt enough explosions and action. Cacs like blake griffen and @Mikey2Toes cant stand to see a black sci fi done right. Then when one actually shows up black people complain and see that horrible flick GoG, foh.
I saw it and I hated it. fukk does that have to do with my luxurious #midniteboyz skin color, you immature fakkit? :camby:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
The movie was quite clearly a Jayden Smith vehicle which subsequently put a lot people off. People don't want to see Jayden, they want the real thing which is Will:snoop:. If it was just Will on his own in a sci-fi jungle and creatures trying to survive the film would have been a success. Case in point; I am Legend which made $585,349,010. It's just Will and a dog trying to survive for two hours:whoo:. You think people want to pay for a movie that has Will stuck in a chair, talking like he's drugged and Jayden doing fukk knows what for two hours? that "it has found you line":mjlol:
If people dont wanna see Jayden then how come his first movies was making more money then his fsthers first movies....like Kung Fu kid made a whopping 350 million off a 40mil budget....yet people dont wanna see him??? :what:

As i said, let this be Bradley Cooper and some white child actor and the rating and money would be better.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Cats over here talking about "Why you brining race into it?!????"

As if Race isn't ALWAYS a factor. Out of all the factors that differentiate us as human beings, race is the VERY FIRST one you see because its the only one that's visual. People kill me with that logic gap.
Its not a fukking factor when I actually go out and give the movie a shot and it sucks. IDGAF about Will's race at that point. I the shyt a shot. shyt movie is shyt. Supporting it because he's black is fukking cool, I guess, but I'm not gonna act like the movie is anything more than it is. You fukking losers need to get over yourselves :pachaha:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
God forbid i talk shyt about the nonblack movie GoG...i guess people love seeing garbage on screen :mjlol: @OG_StankBrefs go fukk yourself :pacspit:
After Earth was NOT a black movie, breh :heh:So buying rap albums is supporting black music and not the white corporations that get 90% of the profits, but because its a black rapper being flashed all over media, buying rap albums is supporting black music, right? :heh:I'm not trying to be mean, but you really need to learn about how race and racism operate breh.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
:ohhh:
2 outta 7 billion
youre trippin, that shyt was a hit in asia. #1 mainland for like 2 -3 weeks, in fact it was #1 in HK and Taiwan. that shyt smashed the asian market.

its strange that it got so much damn hate in the west, esp since it wasnt supposed to be a star wars movie, it was supposed to be subtle movie which focused on man vs nature on an alien planet. everyone in the east understood that and loved it. quiet movies, never do well in the west, everything has to be explosions and flashy.

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Yaphet Koto was respectable in Alien..along with Idris' character in Prometheus, and Will in MIB. I'm not mad about the thing with Sam because I knew he was going to die from jump. He wanted to be in the movie, he wanted to play a jedi, he wanted to have the purple lightsaber, but he knew he'd die. Yoda and Obi Wan my dude, that's all that were left.
Cmon breh, i dont even remember Alien, hell the African actor who played the alien was the only black person i have remembered :heh:

Idris' character DIED, that was my point l was making, he sacrificed his life for the white protagonist to continue her journey (everyone died in that film too, but still the white protagonist lived, how about seeing the black protagonist live for once), and MIB is sci-fi COMEDY...another Big Willy character, not a serious character like he was in AE.

As I said, a strong black lead that isnt comedy relief that doesnt die and doesnt mAke a ass out of himself is rare in scifi, AE broke that mode with its innovative storyline and strong black characters that didnt die. To hell with the acting and crappy story that doesnt make or break a movie, T4 and GoG both had crappy acting and GoG'S story and its tropes were seen a million times but made bank, why cant AE???!