Wild, Wild Bayou: Guns legal in Louisiana for 18+, no training or permit required (Starts July 4th)

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
shyt is stupid. I had to go through training, fingerprinting, background checks and fees to get my license. No way a 18 year old should be able to do this. They have no knowledge of the law, guns or the discipline to carry like that. Kids are emotional af and quick to blast. Gonna be a lot of senseless shootings
Gotta feed that prison industrial complex.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
shyt is stupid. I had to go through training, fingerprinting, background checks and fees to get my license. No way a 18 year old should be able to do this. They have no knowledge of the law, guns or the discipline to carry like that. Kids are emotional af and quick to blast. Gonna be a lot of senseless shootings
This is just constitutional carry, we have this in Ohio it just allows you to carry concealed without a permit. Open carry without a permit was already legal forever in Louisiana this just allows for concealed to be legal. Article is clickbait and folks won't know the gun laws that just see the tweet. Now that constitutional carry is legal in Ohio it's normal to see dudes outside with extended magazines hanging out their pants, shyt looks dumb and is inefficient but it's their right to do so as long as they legally own that firearm.

People that do shyt illegally don't follow the laws anyway so if you got a switch or anything else nobody is going to know with or without the law, this just makes it so you aren't harassed without just cause.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I don’t know what the GA law is now, but I just had to get fingerprints and a BC to get my concealed carry. No class. In Florida, I needed a class at least. I think GA aka Kemp opened it up last year.
:skip:
Previous to that, I see at least 2-5 pistols a week between the gas station and grocery store. These boys are wild with their carrying.
:mjtf:
I’d have to see the data on our weapons charges, assaults and murders to see if it went up since the new bill. South DeKalb seems to have the same amount of crime.

Like a lot of posters are eluding to, this is probably for young black boys to get locked up forever and or kill themselves. The prisons are about to be poppin. I wonder what that kickback look like for the legislators.
:francis:

I’m sure some data can be conflated to reflect it, but folks have and keep guns on them especially in the south, i do think folks should go to a class to understand their rights and what’s lawful use, cuz I’m sure it’s hella mf that don’t understand just cuz a mf breaking into your car it doesn’t mean you can let that loud and ugly off (shout out to @Cat piss martini ) or if a mf hit you but turns their back to walk off you technically can’t fire off on them

These rules were to reward the red supporters
And punish us, but as they see the increase in us carrying they may try to change it

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I ain’t have to do none of that shyt :banderas:

i walked into the gun store, paid my money, then walked out with any questions about my weapons or mental health :mjpls:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Superstar
Daps

okay …. this makes sense. Harsh penalties for lethal violence, and the right and ability to defend yourself from it

it doesn’t surprise me The Coli membership base has a collective fear of guns. Y’all know you are ground zero of “talking that shyt” and you know your life would’ve been shortened by now if everyone you were talking that shyt to had the ability to end it

your fear of guns is your subconscious putting a check engine light on your character

hope this helps :yeshrug:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I feel you Brother. In a perfect world, this makes sense. Unfortunately the CACs will never let this happen. They love their rights. We can’t keep criminals from obtaining guns as well.

We are fukked.

That said, the point of our gun rights is to keep the govt at bay. Imagine the Feds messing up so bad that we rise with our weapons to overthrow them (shout out to Haiti). Without guns, we would have to go about in a different way keeping the govt in check. Which is possible, just may be harder.

We should never fear the govt that represents us. The govt should never want to keep its citizens in line as well. We are in a relatively long peace period within USA history. How long will this period last? You can keep your head down and say the govt will never take action against us.
:manny:
I pray our govt isn’t that stupid. I hope we can see it before it happens. I think it’s a very low probability the govt will go against its citizens. I am no prepper but I’m making sure my family can survive if anything stupid happens.
The unfortunate thing is that if the government wants to kill you, they have the means. The government has nukes, drones, tanks, rocket launchers etc. An AR-15 isn't going to stop all that. We're better off voting in sensible leaders and having checks and balances both internally and externally to keep the US from sliding into a tyrannical government. All we have is more guns on the street killing and injuring civilians than on the rainy day that we need to defend ourselves from the American government.