Why y’all be having haircuts in front of y’all dreads?

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When you have locs that are already tight and pulling, especially if you keep them braided or styled constantly they do weaken your hair line when you keep cutting it back. You also run the big risk of thinning your locs in the front which will fukk your whole look up :manny: I’ve locs since 04 and have been able to keep them healthy and neat , how long have you had yours:jbhmm:

I dont have locs, but what you're talking about is isnt whats represented by stevie wonder. The type of alopecia from loc strain is different, and does not solely effect the front of your hairline.

What stevie wonder has is typical male pattern baldness. He would be bald regardless, its genetics.

I think we conflate the two, but they look very different.

I wish i had a pic of my cousin. He ust cut his off and has small baldspots allover his head. Thats the kind of alopecia locs can give u

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
yea i'm old enough to remember when that was some laughable shyt
there def was a point where no one did it then nikkas started doing it
it's pretty much normalized now.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I dont have locs, but what you're talking about is isnt whats represented by stevie wonder. The type of alopecia from loc strain is different, and does not solely effect the front of your hairline.

What stevie wonder has is typical male pattern baldness. He would be bald regardless, its genetics.

I think we conflate the two, but they look very different.

I wish i had a pic of my cousin. He ust cut his off and has small baldspots allover his head. Thats the kind of alopecia locs can give u
I just used Stevie to be funny but I’ve literally saw bruhs who’ve done the things I’ve mentioned turn out very similar to his hair:manny:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I'm talking about women who have locs and don't wear weaves and wigs
That context wasn’t provided. I took it as though you meant women in general. :yeshrug:

But you do agree that women who wear weaves and wigs should be careful about their hairline right? Just curious on your thoughts.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That context wasn’t provided. I took it as though you meant women in general. :yeshrug:

But you do agree that women who wear weaves and wigs should be careful about their hairline right? Just curious on your thoughts.

It's cool

Yes

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
im old enough to remember when nobody did it, you just had locs all over and you accepted flaws until they came in right. then i started seeing some puerto ricans with all kinds of samurai styles but with that little haircut in the front LOL. i guess brehs were doing it around the same time but for some reason i didnt really notice it until a little later.