Why y’all be having haircuts in front of y’all dreads?

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
It protects your hairline. If you're getting the whole of your hair pulled back and twisted, you're begging your genetics to make you look like Robocop unmasked.

Things is if your hairline is that sensitive its gonna push itself back either way and end up with the faux predator look:mjlol:

Why even grow dreds if your gonna get them with a protective style it kinda defeats the purpose imo.....either gotta chill with the constant retwisting or experiment with different oils to maintain the line/scalp

most brehs are getting it for the look either way tho....

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Things is if your hairline is that sensitive its gonna push itself back either way and end up with the faux predator look:mjlol:

Why even grow dreds if your gonna get them with a protective style it kinda defeats the purpose imo.....either gotta chill with the constant retwisting or experiment with different oils to maintain the line/scalp

most brehs are getting it for the look either way tho....

I grew up around a lot of Rastas so I've a lot of :flabbynsick: dreads from older guys. I could never get them because it's too much maintenance and I ain't a Rasta so I don't want anyone confusing me with one.

The guys that keep their hairlines intact without protective styling have the natty dreads and probably get them twisted once a year, at best.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a bruh who’s had locs for over 15 years, if you plan on keeping your locs long term, keep the barber the fukk away from your hairline:ufdup: it looks sharp and fresh at first then that shyt starts getting pushed back further and further in the pursuit of flyness:francis:

Do you nikkas want the Stevie wonder
DviPhKeVsAAesw_.jpg
:ufdup: because this is how you’re going to get it
So Stevie was getting his shyt lined on the regular :jbhmm:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As a bruh who’s had locs for over 15 years, if you plan on keeping your locs long term, keep the barber the fukk away from your hairline:ufdup: it looks sharp and fresh at first then that shyt starts getting pushed back further and further in the pursuit of flyness:francis:

Do you nikkas want the Stevie wonder
DviPhKeVsAAesw_.jpg
:ufdup: because this is how you’re going to get it

This is a myth that we as black men gotta stop pushing.

Getting lined up does not cause balding. It doesn't even make any scientific sense.
Androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness) is gonna hit you if you have the genes for it regardless of how many times you visit a barber.

yeah a barber might push your hairline back... but as long as you not balding, it will grow back. If it doesn't grow back... u balding. Stevie Wonder would look like this regardless :yeshrug:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I grew my dreads for 15 years until they were almost 3' long. Cut them off 3 years ago, then, started them back up last year right before lock-down. IDK about having a 'fragile' hairline as I always had them starting on it and never worried about losing its shape.

I'm middle-aged.
Were you retwisting them often and how tight?

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
This is a myth that we as black men gotta stop pushing.

Getting lined up does not cause balding. It doesn't even make any scientific sense.
Androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness) is gonna hit you if you have the genes for it regardless of how many times you visit a barber.

yeah a barber might push your hairline back... but as long as you not balding, it will grow back. If it doesn't grow back... u balding. Stevie Wonder would look like this regardless :yeshrug:
When you have locs that are already tight and pulling, especially if you keep them braided or styled constantly they do weaken your hair line when you keep cutting it back. You also run the big risk of thinning your locs in the front which will fukk your whole look up :manny: I’ve locs since 04 and have been able to keep them healthy and neat , how long have you had yours:jbhmm:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I don't OD with it like Hurts did but I got a tape up with my dreads. That with a fresh retwist and I'm droppin drawls :ohlawd:

And I been in the gym. It's about to be a cruel winter. :whew: