Why would someone refuse child support? Help me understand this, brehs.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Having a percentage taken out versus a flat amount is tough.

That means the more you make, the more they take. Overtime, promotion, 2nd job.....a piece of that is getting taken.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
Keep sending the money....... don't stop sending the money...... keep documentation of the money being sent...........shyt transfer that shyt to her bank account....... keep living your life
That doesn't always work. Only court ordered payments are recognized.

If it isn't court ordered, then it can easily be written off as a monetary gift. There is no legal way to prove those payments were for the child unless court ordered. My brother learned this the hard way.

"Your honor these were payments to help my rent."
:troll:

Support your child, but stop making these "Child Support" payments until the court says so.

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I agreed with you, but once again, I assumed that OP was under paperwork. Personally, I wouldn't wanna be under paperwork and feel that me and a woman can agree to terms w/o other ppl being in our business.

But, to your point, many ppl don't think that way and will go to those ppl to handle their family affairs...

I think that OP might as well lawyer up and get legal counsel...
I'm trying to put myself on child support because it's the logical thing to do. She won't agree to that and as for court, she is demanding that I file a case against HER. Which lets me know that this is just personal and mental rather than about the baby.

b_b

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Go and immediately put yourself on child support with the county so she can't claim you sent money for something else years later.

Request a modification every year and request them W2s from her to see if she got more money or a raise or did overtime so you can lower your obligation.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Well the courts at least in my state say you can’t question what she do with the money. If she use the money on clothes to go to work as long as she’s taking care of the kid the courts cool with that. I suggest everything court ordered either she put you up there or he can sign himself up for it. But don’t just agree on giving her money. The courts won’t count it. They’ll say that was a honorable gift but we didn’t tell you to pay that. Keep your money put the kid on your insurance or pay the daycare.
Yeah I probably wouldn’t care what she spent it on either and my kid would be under my insurance anyway unless hers is better (or both of ours).

And maybe it is state-by-state on if cash payments would be considered gifts, thats why I was like have it written somewhere where you both agreed to it.

But I see what youre saying and you could be correct. I was more so saying it makes him look like less that a shythead father so maybe judge will be lenient on some things

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Having a percentage taken out versus a flat amount is tough.

That means the more you make, the more they take. Overtime, promotion, 2nd job.....a piece of that is getting taken.
And that should be fair. Unless he gets double the salary or something big.

if he makes 5 bands a month after taxes, he gonna get hit over the head if it’s like 20% of his check but if he makes 6g, it’s only gonna be like $200 more or something.

Still gonna hurt, but perspective is key because it would probably still be that much if his kid/s was living with him when you factor in school activities, clothes, daycare (if needed), additional transportation, toys/games, co-payments, increases in other bills, food, etc.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
OP, isn't your baby like 1-2 years old?

Good luck because from all the stuff you typed on here about your bm, you'll be regretting that nut to infinity and beyond!

I'm not built for these type of situations

This is the exactly why I guarded my womb like an all pro corner

I saw too much of this with my peers and said HELL NAH!

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm trying to put myself on child support because it's the logical thing to do. She won't agree to that and as for court, she is demanding that I file a case against HER. Which lets me know that this is just personal and mental rather than about the baby.

I understand and when I say get a lawyer, then I mean do just that. I am sure an attorney will tell you to file paperwork and file for joint custody.

But, I personally wouldn't want outsiders involved in my family affairs.

Your BM seems like she has a vendetta against you and I agree that her issues goes against the best interest of y'alls child.

I wish you the best and hope that everything will turn out favorably on your behalf.

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
gone get you for back child support when the kid is 16 :russ:
Nah, that's why I'm just gonna sue/motion this week. From thinking and reading this thread, she's had more than enough chances to come to an agreement between us.

Basically she wants to dangle court like a threat which I'm not even afraid of. Lol.

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
you done dropped jit and cleared it?

:russ:

damn bruh why you do jit like that he gone show em the ropes bruh?

you aint wanna hold the lil nikka down? he just an expense now

shyt real some nikkas daddy dont give a dime so it is what it is

you need to get some official paperwork in order and CYA

and until then....

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm outta state for awhile. Not sure how long. Got a new job in the new town. Been trying to send child support but the mother is refusing saying it ain't enough :wtf:. She won't even acknowledge a written agreement. I been sending about 18 percent. Anyone know how to handle this so I ain't in arrears down the road? shyt makes no sense to me.
18 percent of what?? Your income?

If you can you need to be paying 50% of the kid expenses. Go get on cs before you get yourself locked up man

You playing with fire

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
OP, isn't your baby like 1-2 years old?

Good luck because from all the stuff you typed on here about your bm, you'll be regretting that nut to infinity and beyond!

I'm not built for these type of situations

This is the exactly why I guarded my womb like an all pro corner

I saw too much of this with my peers and said HELL NAH!
Guarded my seed like Ray Lewis :wow:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

If you can you need to be paying 50% of the kid expenses. Go get on cs before you get yourself locked up man

You playing with fire
What would be 50% of his expenses that wouldn’t be included in hers?

18% seems more than fair depending on what he makes. Thats 1-4th of a check while still paying for a roof, transportation, basic bills.

Dude has own shyt to care for as welll… do people think that if he gave all his money to child support, he wouldn’t be able to take care of himself and eventually would be dead/broke/homeless?

He even said he even pays more than the minimum required in her own state

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem

You playing with fire
Child support here is based on income percentage. She also makes considerably more so it's offset. I technically don't have to do anything.

And even if I were to pay 50%, how could I do that when the other party won't confirm or even state what the expenses are?