"Why would anybody play this?"Sony's Jim Ryan comment on backwards compatibility

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
nikka wtf are you talking about? Regardless, I don't want to go back and play old shyt, period. If I missed the game during its era, oh well.
So an older game that is great, that you missed, you don't wanna play, even if it's free or dirt cheap. Just so you can play a newer game that may not be as good?

:laff:

And that is why you don't enjoy gaming outside of your comfort zone which is "whatever game the world recommends ai the time" aka you don't think for yourself.

Why go back and watch Goodfellas when you could watch Belly 2 :francis:

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
facts

BC doesn't sell systems

sony learned this the hard way with the ps3

"nikkas want my old shyt buy my old albums" :manny:

This

Everybody wants BC but everybody ain't wanting to pay a premium for it. As soon as they took it out of the PS3 and were able to lower prices, they got competitive that gen. They ain't going back to trying to build hardware that will play 4 previous systems' games if its going to make their price substantially more than the comp . BC was a nice luxury for a gen or two but realistically its unsustainable.

Daps
When your latest console actually has games to play you won't need to beg for backwards compatibility :mjpls:

Why do you think Xbone has backwards compatibility :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ars: Xbox One users largely ignore backward-compatible Xbox 360 games
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/...ne-usage-time/

Our analysis used a third-party API to randomly sample usage data from nearly one million active Xbox One Gamertags over a period of nearly five months starting last September (read the introductory piece for much more about the data and methodology). In the end, only about 1.5 percent of the more than 1.65 billion minutes of Xbox One usage time we tracked was spent on the 300+ backward-compatible Xbox 360 games, in aggregate. That translates to an average of just 23.9 minutes per sampled active Xbox One user spent on Xbox 360 games out of 1,526 average minutes of Xbox One usage during the sampling period.

Things don't look better for backward compatibility when you look at individual games. The most popular backward-compatible title in our sample, Call of Duty: Black Ops, was played by three or four out of every 1,000 active Xbox Live users, which is actually competitive with some of the most popular Xbox One titles. Usage rates for less-popular games drop off steeply from there, though, and no other backward-compatible title even ranks in the top 100 most popular Xbox One apps in terms of total unique users.

ksCOosA.jpg

Jim Ryan redeemed :blessed: