"Why would anybody play this?"Sony's Jim Ryan comment on backwards compatibility

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Backwards Compatibility is a big deal and Sony WILL be forced to put that shyt back in future consoles and abandon the PS Now disaster.

How so?

Its clear Sony aren't putting shyt into future consoles.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
BC was a big deal until sony deemed it wasn't.

I don't know why people acting brand new

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe you can get a little more play out of games you already own. Or try games you didn't get around to playing when they came out. If Switch had backwards compatibility i'd have bought it day one.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Actually gamers enjoy backward compatibility

There's a reason, remakes and re releases sell over and over again.

Funny thing is SONY has NO problem selling you a old game, but giving to you for free? "Why would anyone want to play it" :mjlol:

Of course he'll say that, knowing they'd rather squeeze more dough from you with remastered titles.

Ya'll better wake up :iseeu:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Funny considering Black Ops 2 shot right up to the 10 ten NPDs because it was backwards compatible on XB1.:skip:
spend millions on technology to support one game that you don't make money off of brehs

i mean it's obvious what they are doing.. they don't make any money off bc tech, so why waste the time, man hours and money to build it... you gonna buy the shyt anyway apparently.. and bc ain't enough to make you switch to xbox one.. so essentially they don't give a fukk

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This is how I feel about all that BC/Remastered bullshyt. I played the old shyt already so why would I want to play it again?
I highly doubt you played all there is to play bruh. You have no backlog? Then you only care to play a handful of games. You like to keep it safe and not try new games huh man?

You'd fit in with the majority :francis:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I highly doubt you played all there is to play bruh. You have no backlog? Then you only care to play a handful of games. You like to keep it safe and not try new games huh man?

You'd fit in with the majority :francis:
nikka wtf are you talking about? Regardless, I don't want to go back and play old shyt, period. If I missed the game during its era, oh well.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
nikka wtf are you talking about? Regardless, I don't want to go back and play old shyt, period. If I missed the game during its era, oh well.
To the bolded...

Why?

Are you saying the best thing about a game is the honeymoon stage? The freshness or trendiness of it?

What about a legitimate great game you've never had the chance to play? What is it that makes you say "no, I'm good."

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
When I was a kid and a new system dropped. It was time to go to Funcoland to trade in everything from last gen. I never looked back ever. The last time I played my PS3 was Walking Dead Season 2. And I regret that cuz I could have waited for the PS4 version.

It's too much new shyt for me to go back to old shyt