Why VR will fail.....

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Don't think it will fail this time, because it's got some serious backing now.

VR isn't gonna explode out the gate. But I really think that if you give it another 10-30yrs of constant tech advancements/improvements, shyt is gonna be :whew:

It's gonna be a slow burn and some of us might not still be gaming when it really starts poppin

bruh, the industry will be moving on from VR by then or at least introducing the next innovation. augmented reality is the next stage of this :whew:

i hope VR succeeds on all platforms because it'll just lead to new innovation and push boundaries. we just need the casual gamers to hop on board. they're the ones who will decide the faith of VR, especially on consoles.

on a side note, i hate these on the fence, cheap and casual gamers/tech head hippy jack asses. either buy in all the way with shyt or gtfo. they're always unsure of what they want even after you put the information in front of them, but will hop on board when you throw a great ad or marketing campaign at them, ie a lot of apple owners. these hippy fukkers don't wanna spend the money on tech but will only want an iphone or macbook so they rock with old models.

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Nobody is doing all of that at home.

People said the same thing about the Wii controller and the kinect.

The only way to avoid simulation sickness (brain thinks you're moving, body stays stationary causing motion sickness) is active movement in sync w/ whats on the VR.

The only kind of people that will be vehemently against this will be the obese couch potato crowd. Which is ironic because it would more than likely get their fat asses in shape.

I.e Wii Exercise
Wii Sports
Kinect Sports

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
People said the same thing about the Wii controller and the kinect.

The only way to avoid simulation sickness (brain thinks you're moving, body stays stationary causing motion sickness) is active movement in sync w/ whats on the VR.

The only kind of people that will be vehemently against this will be the obese couch potato crowd. Which is ironic because it would more than likely get their fat asses in shape.

I.e Wii Exercise
Wii Sports
Kinect Sports
It has nothing to do with being lazy. People like to relax and play games, if they wanted to run around they'd go outside and do something.

Kinect/wii sports is fun for a party setting, but people don't want to play traditional games that way.

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
It has nothing to do with being lazy. People like to relax and play games, if they wanted to run around they'd go outside and do something.

Kinect/wii sports is fun for a party setting, but people don't want to play traditional games that way.

Yes, it does have something to do with being lazy.

I see you didnt mention simulation sickness which is something that HAS to be remedied before mass implementation. What other way than active locomotion?

I would prefer to play games this way actually. Imagine feeling like you are truly in the world of Skyrim, exploring a deep, dark and dangerous cave with only you and a hand axe. Or playing COD multiplayer crouching behind a building w/ not much health left, no ammo, no teammates nearby w/ enemies swarming.

The goal of video games is realism, thats why graphics get better, sounds are better, controls get better. What is a better controller than your own naturally intuitive body movements?

Total immersion.

Edit - Could you imagine playing Silent Hill with that shyt?:ohhh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I see you didnt mention simulation sickness which is something that HAS to be remedied before mass implementation. What other way than active locomotion?

I would prefer to play games this way actually. Imagine feeling like you are truly in the world of Skyrim, exploring a deep, dark and dangerous cave with only you and a hand axe. Or playing COD multiplayer crouching behind a building w/ not much health left, no ammo, no teammates nearby w/ enemies swarming.

The goal of video games is realism, thats why graphics get better, sounds are better, controls get better. What is a better controller than your own naturally intuitive body movements?

Total immersion.

It sounds good until you realize that your neck is a thumb stick and the game takes 40-100 hours to beat :francis:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

Total immersion.

It has nothing to do with being lazy, it's just that most people don't have that kind of setup in their home.

Most games are actually very hyper individuals outside of that negative stereotype people have on them. Most would rather go to an arcade for this experience from what we have seen.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
bruh, the industry will be moving on from VR by then or at least introducing the next innovation. augmented reality is the next stage of this :whew:

i hope VR succeeds on all platforms because it'll just lead to new innovation and push boundaries. we just need the casual gamers to hop on board. they're the ones who will decide the faith of VR, especially on consoles.

on a side note, i hate these on the fence, cheap and casual gamers/tech head hippy jack asses. either buy in all the way with shyt or gtfo. they're always unsure of what they want even after you put the information in front of them, but will hop on board when you throw a great ad or marketing campaign at them, ie a lot of apple owners. these hippy fukkers don't wanna spend the money on tech but will only want an iphone or macbook so they rock with old models.

Breh I know.... but we ain't gettin there without them going hard in the paint on VR.

I'll be playin Avalon for real :banderas:

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
COUNTER STRIKE GLOBAL OFFENSIVE

BATTLEFIELD 4

I dont see how someone could watch these videos and NOT want to play this way.. :noah:

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
That goofy ass contraption you got to stand in makes me not want to play it.

So you're saying you want to run into walls in your house. :martin:

Step on your little brother while running in Borderlands 2.:what:

While I admit, things look a little weird watching someone playing it running in place like a hamster on a wheel or something- but do you really believe that while you're playing this with the headset on that you'll even be thinking about how the contraption looks? You'll be too busy scoping out enemies, dodging shots and blowing heads off.

Eh, I give up- the shyt is available for pre orders already, they are making buku bread so there are tons of people out there who see the value in it.

Plus, how else will you move actively in an open world of over 10 square miles of game world in a 16x20 living room :mindblown:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Plus, how else will you move actively in an open world of over 10 square miles of game world in a 16x20 living room :mindblown:
Exactly why VR is better suited for an Arcade environment.

Think instead of laser tag, you and 5 friends strap into one of those contraptions and have a frag fest. They even got force feedback suits so you could feel the bullets hitting you.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
No lie, I just wanna try jerking off with it. shyt seems amazing.

And then I wanna try games with skydiving, parkour, scuba diving, etc

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'll come back to this thread in early April when my Rift arrives to tell y'all how crazy it is. I can't fukking wait :blessed:

VR is the future :ufdup: