Why VR will fail.....

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The technology will not fail and it will continue to keep getting better and better.

The only thing that can fail with VR is marketing. Who they market it to, how they market it, etc.

I think there will be a time and place soon when the general gaming public will be ready to embrace VR and it looks like VR will be ready when that time comes and I have no problem with that.

Personally I would love for VR to bring back the local mall arcade scene that has died out due to the console generation.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
Potential is there..

I'm going to wait for a deep game/application library and price cut before I jump in though... I'm excited to see the aftermath of the first wave of VR this year.. Should be plenty of hype/meltdown/crushed dreams to keep me entertained

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Did anybody else preorder the Rift?

If I'm the only one on this board that did, that doesn't bode well (I know, small sample size, but still). I figured at least somebody else would

@Barney Rubble you're normally up on this shyt. Did you pick one up too?

ll_simon

GQ MoTY Candidate
Daps
Reppin
#NJLives #LWO
This faggit meach should have his thread making ability stripped for this garbage thread. I can't even believe this has gotten this far. VR is going to be the future. This is only the beginning, the end game is matrix level immersion. I agree PSVR is going to be the catalyst for all this. If its successful it'll help pave the way no doubt. But it needs to be priced right. And I'm sayin $150 no more than $200. Maybe some $400 bundles for the holidays with a VR game included.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Someone should make a comparison pic showing a $600 TV with 30 people looking at it and a $600 VR headset showing one person staring off into space.

I think you may need a killer "office/work" application for VR(???virtual office: work from home???) ....that'll also work as a segway to migrate into gaming. :jbhmm:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
This faggit meach should have his thread making ability stripped for this garbage thread. I can't even believe this has gotten this far. VR is going to be the future. This is only the beginning, the end game is matrix level immersion. I agree PSVR is going to be the catalyst for all this. If its successful it'll help pave the way no doubt. But it needs to be priced right. And I'm sayin $150 no more than $200. Maybe some $400 bundles for the holidays with a VR game included.
I wish it would be 200, but it more than likely won't 300 to 400 is what I expect

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You mad bro?

By your own post PSVR is doomed out the gate, they already said it would cost more than $200