Why VR will fail.....

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

VR finally has its champion, which is the Oculus Quest 2. I'm sure this past Christmas, many people that struck out with the consoles left with one of these as a consolation prize. As a 'consolation prize,' its a wonderful platform. $299 being the cost of entry, wireless, play backwards compatible oculus games plus all PCVR games? It's going to be the standard that all future ones get judged by. Facebook is sitting on a goldmine.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I think it’s gonna be its own separate thing. I don’t think it’s gonna replace flat gaming tho.

oh no doubt, but cats acting like it's a fad are in for a rude awakening. It's just a different form of gaming.

Got mobile, console, pc, and now VR.

Eza

King Shiit
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Got my Rift back in 2018 :myman:
This shyt wasn't even on my radar until I watched a couple YouTube videos one day and was like :krs:

VR officially here

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Remember when Avatar came out and we were told 3D film was the next wave. Multiple films tacked on 3D, upped ticket prices, and after a year everyone realized that shyt was wack.

There's more of a concentrated effort going on right now to push VR, with multiple companies dead set on riding the lucrative wave. And while I can buy it being more successful than 3D film I don't believe it's going to take over. The tech hasn't caught up with the ambition yet, and what you get is a janky 3D world in which to be sexually or racially harassed depending on your gender/race.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Remember when Avatar came out and we were told 3D film was the next wave. Multiple films tacked on 3D, upped ticket prices, and after a year everyone realized that shyt was wack.

There's more of a concentrated effort going on right now to push VR, with multiple companies dead set on riding the lucrative wave. And while I can buy it being more successful than 3D film I don't believe it's going to take over. The tech hasn't caught up with the ambition yet, and what you get is a janky 3D world in which to be sexually or racially harassed depending on your gender/race.
I feel like for now the goal should be to make games that work in both flat screen and VR. Resident evil 7 should be the example of how a VR game should be done. Most games built specifically for VR tend to feel like tech demos instead of full experiences.

I think the tech would take off faster if games like call of duty, GTA V and battlefield were fully playable in VR even if they aren't the full VR experience with motion controls.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
VR finally has its champion, which is the Oculus Quest 2. I'm sure this past Christmas, many people that struck out with the consoles left with one of these as a consolation prize. As a 'consolation prize,' its a wonderful platform. $299 being the cost of entry, wireless, play backwards compatible oculus games plus all PCVR games? It's going to be the standard that all future ones get judged by. Facebook is sitting on a goldmine.

Facebook is in the driver's seat with a huge lead.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You need companies like facebook and quest to broaden the appeal and make it more mainstream. VR was never gonna blow up on just PC alone