Why VR will fail.....

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
I got a quest 2. Boxing and football are amazing VR. I use it for more than just gaming, I love the wildlife and space videos u can watch in 360. I just wish it had more developed sports games.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hate wearing headsets while gaming it's mad cumbersome, so VR is probably never really going to be my thing

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
VR is never going to work when it cost more than the actual system itself. The only way VR will sell a lot of units is if it's at an affordable price and has interesting software.
Doesn’t matter. It’s the headsets. Nobody wants to put on a headset and close off the rest of the world for hours at a time. Quest sold like crazy and it’s June and nobody’s kid is still playing it that much.

It’s heavy, it’s clunky, sweaty and it limits you to only doing that. No texting, checking on the kids, hearing a knock at the door, etc

People want to sit down and game. They’ve always wanted to sit down and game and multitask. Until these things go on and off like sunglasses, it’ll never take over.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I hate wearing headsets while gaming it's mad cumbersome, so VR is probably never really going to be my thing
I’d take it a step further and posit that most of the allure of VR came from an era where HD didn’t exist. As such, the immersive aspects of VR initially drew hype as a way to offset the lack of visual fidelity.

That is no longer the case and as a result VR struggles to move beyond its niche market.

In fact, I’ll go a step further and say due to hardware constraints VR games are now a step back from what is considered traditional gaming nowadays.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
the only way Vr will succeed if people are forced to work from home and the employers still wanna have in presence feeling that VR may bring etc...if it takes of in the work place it will take off in other areas

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm waiting to see how the Apple Vision Pro feels like. It may set the standard for how VR should work will also not being too shut off from the world.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
After almost eight years of working with the most amazing team I’ve ever have the pleasure of being part of, I’m sad to announce that we will be closing our company First Contact Entertainment by the end of the year. The lack of support for virtual reality within the industry has eventually taken its toll. As a AAA virtual reality game developer, we are just not able to justify the expense needed gouging forward. We are a team of fearless innovators willing to push new technologies to its limits. I am extremely proud of the team and grateful to our investors, our partners, and of course our community of dedicated and passionate players. It’s been a wild ride. Thank you!

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
They gave us 2 games for a total of 4 hours of content in 8 years. That's why they failed. not lack of support in the industry.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quest 3 is fire. Big improvement from quest 2 (which was pretty good in its own right). How many people in this thread trashing VR actually have played it for longer than a demo at Best Buy?