Daps
apparently Playstation London was working on a GAAS game, not VR

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
VR is here to stay but it won’t be the gaming industry pushing it forward. It will be Apple Meta and other large companies to make this tech the next step.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I can finally say VR got next

Ive been using smart glasses for 3 years, eventually it will become that

when consoles get phased out VR will be the console with a dock
the only problem now is the inflated price, like most tech. In the future you wont have Tvs in every room
youll have VR headsets for everyone and shared social settings etc

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
VR is here to stay but it won’t be the gaming industry pushing it forward. It will be Apple Meta and other large companies to make this tech the next step.
We need those companies to enter the gaming space in general, we need more comp for the big dogs.

It's better for the consumers.

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I think alot of forward-thinking industries or products are not gonna get a fair shake due to the economy, not based on whether or not it's actually a worthwhile product.

Same thing is happening to EVs, which are clearly better in damn near every regard compared to ICE vehicles.

People with limited finances (damn near everyone) in a country with extreme inflation will stick to their tried and trues (consoles, ICE vehicles) rather than experiment with new products. If people had way more disposable income, I'm confident that we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I think alot of forward-thinking industries or products are not gonna get a fair shake due to the economy, not based on whether or not it's actually a worthwhile product.

Same thing is happening to EVs, which are clearly better in damn near every regard compared to ICE vehicles.

People with limited finances (damn near everyone) in a country with extreme inflation will stick to their tried and trues (consoles, ICE vehicles) rather than experiment with new products. If people had way more disposable income, I'm confident that we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
This shyt could be free.... Nobody is wearing these big ass helmets for long periods of time. I don't know why that's so hard for people to understand

An electric car is different. Everyone listens to the bullshyt about them and swears they 400 miles from a charging station that'll take 50 mins to fill and it'll raise their electric by $300 a month if they do it at home.

If electric cars were free and there was a 3 minute charging station at every gas station, everyone would have them. If VR was free and you still had to wear helmets, they'd still be collecting dust. Ask me how I know

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
This shyt could be free.... Nobody is wearing these big ass helmets for long periods of time. I don't know why that's so hard for people to understand

An electric car is different. Everyone listens to the bullshyt about them and swears they 400 miles from a charging station that'll take 50 mins to fill and it'll raise their electric by $300 a month if they do it at home.

If electric cars were free and there was a 3 minute charging station at every gas station, everyone would have them. If VR was free and you still had to wear helmets, they'd still be collecting dust. Ask me how I know
I disagree, I'm sure you feel that way because you have a headset lying around.

The fact that it isn't plug and play, and developers aren't placing an importance on it because of a stalled user base is more of a factor than the headset being heavy. It all goes back to cost.

The manufacturers would continue making updates, improvements, better models, etc if the consumer base justified it.

We have staples in our American culture/economy. Consoles being one of them, TVs being another, ICE cars too. The lack of disposable income prevents new technologies from latching on - they become flex toys for the upper middle class and higher but there's not enough of them to sustain or grow a market.

I could be wrong, but that's my opinion so far.

What new technology has become ubiquitous since the pandemic?