Why VR will fail.....

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
This shyt could be free.... Nobody is wearing these big ass helmets for long periods of time. I don't know why that's so hard for people to understand

An electric car is different. Everyone listens to the bullshyt about them and swears they 400 miles from a charging station that'll take 50 mins to fill and it'll raise their electric by $300 a month if they do it at home.

If electric cars were free and there was a 3 minute charging station at every gas station, everyone would have them. If VR was free and you still had to wear helmets, they'd still be collecting dust. Ask me how I know
how DO you know? :dahell:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I disagree, I'm sure you feel that way because you have a headset lying around.

The fact that it isn't plug and play, and developers aren't placing an importance on it because of a stalled user base is more of a factor than the headset being heavy. It all goes back to cost.

The manufacturers would continue making updates, improvements, better models, etc if the consumer base justified it.

We have staples in our American culture/economy. Consoles being one of them, TVs being another, ICE cars too. The lack of disposable income prevents new technologies from latching on - they become flex toys for the upper middle class and higher but there's not enough of them to sustain or grow a market.

I could be wrong, but that's my opinion so far.

What new technology has become ubiquitous since the pandemic?
how DO you know? :dahell:
Statistics show EVERY VR system is down in sales and usage. That's from people WITH the disposable income, children, adult gamers, casuals, pros, etc etc... PC VR, Oculus VR, PSVR.... Apple headsets are failing in sales.. Even those with them, usage is down...

It's pretty much common sense AND the numbers support it. Yes it's fukking amazing. Yes I preordered PSVR1 and PSVR2. Yes I love VR. Yes GT7!!!! Yes to more gaming. Can't wait to get my hands on those apple joints..........................

But I, like 99% of people with them, will tell you, ain't no 2 hour gaming session going on with that headset on. Nobody is clearing the living room every single day. Nobody's eyes wants the strain. Nobody's neck wants the strain. Nobody wants to be completely cut off from the outside world for 15 minutes, let alone an hour, let alone a couple hours a day, while your headset is on....

VR ain't new. They've been having it with gaming since the 80s. IT ALWAYS FAILS. Each and every iteration, no matter how far advanced it gets, ends up with the COMPANY who made it, saying man fukk this and giving it up. And here we are with Sony, doing it for the second time, despite clearly having the best games for it.

It's niche gaming and putting a weight on your head and controllers ON your hands is not for long term use. And if you not using it long term, then why would you have 10-15 games to play, you never gonna play them shyts for longer than 30 mins anyway.

Look around.. The writing is on the wall. WHEN THEY MAKE THESE INTO GLASSES OR CONTACTS, it can cost $10000 and everyone will have a pair. As long as you need a football helmet, you are fukked and they know it

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Now that's conniving

So, how about PC VR support? Earlier this year, Sony announced that it would make the PSVR 2 work on PCs. Just after it virtually wrung its proverbial hands of the PSVR 2 in the State of Play showcase, Sony finally detailed the PSVR 2 PC adapter, which would cost $60 and be available on August 7.

The problem? All of the tentpole features of the headset won't work on PCs. That includes HDR, headset vibration, eye tracking (and eye-tracked foveated rendering), adaptive triggers, and controller haptic feedback. All that, and you're still tethered to your PC with a USB cable and a dongle box that looks like it came packed with the original Oculus Rift from 2016.