Why VR will fail.....

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yet you love halo :mjlol:

Sony stan be trying the hardest to defend stupid stuff.
What exactly am I defending in here? Stating that VR hasn't "Failed" isn't defending VR. Defending Kinect which isn't even fukking supported on the latest console anymore from MSFT is the perfect definition of a "failure".

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Some people just see VR as another platform, not a takeover of traditional TV gaming. The VR skeptics tend to conflate the two.
naw breh. Look at this thread,bunch of posts talking about how VR is the future, and the next transition in gaming bigger than going from 2d-3d. Anyone who disagrees just hasn’t played Tarkov yet….blah blah.

It’s been “just another platform” for decades. Nothing has changed there

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What exactly am I defending in here? Stating that VR hasn't "Failed" isn't defending VR. Defending Kinect which isn't even fukking supported on the latest console anymore from MSFT is the perfect definition of a "failure".
Kinect 25 million sold=Failure
PSVR 6 million sold= Success :ehh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
naw breh. Look at this thread,bunch of posts talking about how VR is the future, and the next transition in gaming bigger than going from 2d-3d. Anyone who disagrees just hasn’t played Tarkov yet….blah blah.

It’s been “just another platform” for decades. Nothing has changed there
You still say VR is just a kinect strapped to your fist.

martin-funny.gif

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
7 years after the OP… It’s safe to say VR has objectively not failed considering we’re still getting a bunch of games made for it. But that’s beside the point.
Non-gaming experiences will be the reason for widespread adoption. Imagine being able to have a virtual court side seat live at an NBA game. Headsets would sell like hotcakes.
:pachaha: one of the biggest flops in technology history so far = not failed? :pachaha:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kinect 25 million sold=Failure
PSVR 6 million sold= Success :ehh:
Stupid deflection, it's discontinued. If it was so successful, why wouldn't they continue it? There's some pretty stupid people in this thread.

Something that came out in 2016 has a successor that just released along with other companies doing their own thing in the space is a failure but a camera for a console that got discontinued a few years after launch is a huge success.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You still say VR is just a kinect strapped to your fist.

martin-funny.gif
It is.

It’s on the same trajectory too.
PSVR was the novelty/hype phase till people realized they don’t wanna do that goofy shyt in their living room,

PSVR2 is the last hurrah, sony trying to force it to do something, but that shyts over with at this point.

PSVR failed to capture anything but enthusiasts. Only sold 6 million copies when PS4 had a huge player base.

PS5 has a much smaller player base, sony can barely get more of them into stores. PSVR2 is a whole $200 more expensive and the world economy is in a much worse place.

But somehow, some of you think this is gonna be a smashing success.

Sony stans wild :mjlol:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It is.

It’s ok the same trajectory too.

PSVR failed to capture anything but enthusiasts. Only sold 6 million copies when PS4 had a huge player base.

PS5 has a much smaller player base, sony can barely get more of them into stores. PSVR2 is a whole $200 more expensive and the world economy is in a much worse place.

But somehow, some of you think this is gonna be a smashing success.

Sony stans wild :mjlol:
A $150 camera sold a lot of units capturing the hype of motion gaming from the Wii. Am shocked.

This Units sold to player base argument is literally low iq babble. The type of shyt remedial nikkas on here say.

Dark Souls 1 "only" sold about 2.3 million units worldwide across multiple platforms that together has a player base of over 200 million(PS3, 360, PC).

I guess Dark Souls 1 is a "failure" according to Meach logic right? What a failure of a game.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Right.

PSVR has none of that going for it. The current most popular VR device (hype) cost like $800 less than PSVR2 and plays most of the same shyt:wow:
Series S is an objective failure then. Current most popular console(hype?) cost like $200 MORE than Series S and plays most of the same shyt. :wow:

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
I enjoy vr I’m one of the few here that has a ps vr 2 and a quest 2

Golfing, tennis, table tennis, exercise, hoping on your exercise bike and riding on the streets of Paris is fun

But it is niche. It’s way to expensive, you need space to get the best experience .

Being tethered sucks in regards to psvr2
Yea I agree. I personally love my quest 2. Come home from work and after family time when everyone sleep, hop on that app where people streaming movies ppvs sports all for free. A lot of cool people you meet on there too and i have lost 25 pounds from doing thrill of the fight on that bytch. I understand everyone point tho. Different strokes for different folks :dame: and yea you need a lot of space. I play my shyt in my living room with both the sofas moved out the way lol. If you are someone who wants to get exercise and be active playing a game it’s for you, but if you want to sit down while you game, it just isnt