Why VR will fail.....

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Xbox needs to get on this wave.
One of the things Xbox got right was to not jump into VR. That and not making a portable.

Even if there is a must play good luck getting the mass market to spend well over $500 on such a product. It's a chicken egg dilemma. In order for the masses to be more receptive the price needs to come down and in order for the price to come down more people need to buy it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
200w.gif
:dame:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It’s not the Price, it’s not the software. It’s the damn helmet. Don’t nobody wanna wear that goofy ass helmet and jump around their living room period.

Gaming itself just barely make it to “mainstream”, You are not gonna convince a large portion of the population to buy one of these shyts.

Will always be a niche product for people to show off when company comes over then put in a closet till the next time. Immersive fapping is the best thing VR has going for it at this point:manny:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It’s not the Price, it’s not the software. It’s the damn helmet. Don’t nobody wanna wear that goofy ass helmet and jump around their living room period.

Gaming itself just barely make it to “mainstream”, You are not gonna convince a large portion of the population to buy one of these shyts.

Will always be a niche product for people to show off when company comes over then put in a closet till the next time. Immersive fapping is the best thing VR has going for it at this point:manny:
I feel like a major problem is the dissonance of being immersed in a world but having your senses disconnected from that world. It's very awkward and it just doesn't feel right.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I feel like a major problem is the dissonance of being immersed in a world but having your senses disconnected from that world. It's very awkward and it just doesn't feel right.
Lots of people get motion sickness. Lots of people get disoriented and scared. We’ve seen the videos of people running into walls and kicking kids :mjlol:

Not sure why people think this is a thing that will ever catch on for the masses.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
VR is great for say exercise and other simulations like golf, driving, etc. but for many games it just doesn't work

deeman

All Star
Daps
Yea other than using Vr for exercise playing Thrill of the fight I never use it. Maybe if I were younger I would be more into it because im sure there's some fun games I just don't have the desire to look for and play them.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
It’s definitely the price and lack of killer apps. 500 for a system then 500 for the VR and THEN you still gotta purchase games? I know every nikka on here got it like that, but the majority of people got a little bit of money here and there they can use to treat themselves and their families and that’s it. Hard to justify 1000+ to play some video games, especially when most folks have no idea how they’ll physically respond to using the headset for a prolonged period of time.

Besides just the price, If there was some must play shyt, like a brand new mainline story MGS VR or a GTA 6 VR and they controlled as well as their regular counterparts but in VR, you would probably see people more willing to take the leap. But a lot of that shyt look like fruit ninja on steroids or action games where it looks awkward as hell to do basic things in game like picking shyt up, so it is what it is.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s definitely the price and lack of killer apps. 500 for a system then 500 for the VR and THEN you still gotta purchase games? I know every nikka on here got it like that, but the majority of people got a little bit of money here and there they can use to treat themselves and their families and that’s it. Hard to justify 1000+ to play some video games, especially when most folks have no idea how they’ll physically respond to using the headset for a prolonged period of time.

Besides just the price, If there was some must play shyt, like a brand new mainline story MGS VR or a GTA 6 VR and they controlled as well as their regular counterparts but in VR, you would probably see people more willing to take the leap. But a lot of that shyt look like fruit ninja on steroids or action games where it looks awkward as hell to do basic things in game like picking shyt up, so it is what it is.
Not only that, it's just not a enjoyable "come home and relax" experience, much like 3d wasn't. There are just way too many barriers to entry starting with price then going on down to quality, games, your setting, all the way down to your body with headaches and motion sickness.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
VR, like 3D, will always be a gimmick and "one hit away" future fantasy bullshyt
3D is super gimmicky, but it had some of the same issues and still has. Remember when Sony was trying to sell 3d screens :mjlol: Nintendo even made 3D compact and easy and require no glasses and you could turn it on and off. I can't think of more than 1 or 2 games that I used 3d on with my 3DS :mjlol: