Why VR will fail.....

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not only that, it's just not a enjoyable "come home and relax" experience, much like 3d wasn't. There are just way too many barriers to entry starting with price then going on down to quality, games, your setting, all the way down to your body with headaches and motion sickness.
Same way I feel about Xbox. I imagine the migraines trying to find games to play on there.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not the Price, it’s not the software. It’s the damn helmet. Don’t nobody wanna wear that goofy ass helmet and jump around their living room period.

Gaming itself just barely make it to “mainstream”, You are not gonna convince a large portion of the population to buy one of these shyts.

Will always be a niche product for people to show off when company comes over then put in a closet till the next time. Immersive fapping is the best thing VR has going for it at this point:manny:

So were you fukking with Xbox's Kincet? :jbhmm:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So were you fukking with Xbox's Kincet? :jbhmm:
Xbox kincet didn't have a headset...

It was alexa with motion detection and a camera. I could walk in my room say "xbox on" and it would turn on the tv and xbox
it recognized hand signals and all.

It had some cool game implementations like dead rising where if you made noise while in your room you could alert zombies in game. It was more a accessory rather than a full product. It wasn't really VR imo.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
7 years after the OP… It’s safe to say VR has objectively not failed considering we’re still getting a bunch of games made for it. But that’s beside the point.
Non-gaming experiences will be the reason for widespread adoption. Imagine being able to have a virtual court side seat live at an NBA game. Headsets would sell like hotcakes.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
7 years after the OP… It’s safe to say VR has objectively not failed considering we’re still getting a bunch of games made for it. But that’s beside the point.
More VR shyt has been shut down/scaled back than the other way around especially when it comes to gaming. Seems like PSVR2 is probably VRs last big chance to take hold in gaming, and it’s prohibitively expensive and has no unique software.
Non-gaming experiences will be the reason for widespread adoption. Imagine being able to have a virtual court side seat live at an NBA game. Headsets would sell like hotcakes.
Y’all said this same exact thing verbatim 7 years ago.

Guess we gotta wait another 7 to find out :stopitslime:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Kinect and the 2nd HDMI output port should have stayed

connecting your 2nd console or cable box to it, with 4k upscale was goat
kinect was useful on some lazy shyt before Alexa and all that shyt got big

kinect is no different than having a camera in general or using a headset at the same time
never got the hate for kinect really

VR, I love. But like most people stated, you are gonna need something bigger to push the price point and value in general. Metaverse would be a step in that direction. Otherwise, you get just a handful of games and a niche audience that enjoys it. Skyrim on VR is godly... but majority of the players arent gonna pay hundreds of dollars and buy the game again.... just to shoot a bow and swing a sword in VR. Alot of games should just have VR toggle feature to sell the hardware... and then sell the software down the road after you make the hardware sales.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I enjoy vr I’m one of the few here that has a ps vr 2 and a quest 2

Golfing, tennis, table tennis, exercise, hoping on your exercise bike and riding on the streets of Paris is fun

But it is niche. It’s way to expensive, you need space to get the best experience .

Being tethered sucks in regards to psvr2

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If yall dont have interest in playing vr then why are yall even discussing it. :unimpressed:
Xbox stans if you played somthing like pavlov for example.. you would realize you cant get these gameplay type experiences anywere else but vr... just reloading your gun by actually removing the clip reaching to your side, grabbing another clip and putting it back in your gun is a whole other factor that is sureal in comparison to pressing square or x to reload... your missing out ... cant wait for firewall ultra:blessed:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I do buy a lot of games on my Quest 2 and I did for my PSVR1. I play/interact with the following currently.

FitXR: Workout app as I have a subscription to it. It's great for that.
Beat Saber: Ever since I found out there is a modding community for it, I now have over 1100 songs on it.
Walkabout Mini Golf: I've purchased every DLC pack. GOAT tier VR game.

Still to get to. The Walking Dead 1&2, Asgard's Wrath, Fallout 4, Skyrim, Half-Life Alyx

I get slight motion sickness and my stomach starts to do its thing and then its a wrap for me. I can only do it for like an hour here and there.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
it’s prohibitively expensive and has no unique software.

:beli:

Come on man.. Why are you going to sit there and tell a blatant lie like that. I’ve seen you post outside the arcadium, you can be a good poster when you want to.

PSVR2 released with 3 exclusives and has at least 2 more coming before the summer That’s pretty damn good for any console launch.

Guess we gotta wait another 7 to find out :stopitslime:
Maybe, what’s the rush? VR is still in it’s infancy, we’re only just now getting a standardized control scheme.

7 years later and devs are still building for this medium. There’s obviously some value they’re getting out of it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:beli:

Come on man.. Why are you going to sit there and tell a blatant lie like that. I’ve seen you post outside the arcadium, you can be a good poster when you want to.

PSVR2 released with 3 exclusives and has at least 2 more coming before the summer That’s pretty damn good for any console launch.
You come on. Horizon ain’t enough to push a whole $600 platform.

Correction 99% of the games on and coming to PSVR are not unique to the platform.
Maybe, what’s the rush? VR is still in it’s infancy, we’re only just now getting a standardized control scheme.

7 years later and devs are still building for this medium. There’s obviously some value they’re getting out of it.
A niche product can be financially viable for some developers. But again more people have canceled or scaled back VR plans than the other way around in the last 7 years.

Last edited: