Why Video Game consoles are going extinct

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Fam, there was absolutely no reason at all to put in all caps 'meanwhile my REAL daughter ' like you trying to shoot slugs bro. You could of said I'm talking out my ass or that just must be your situation without having to do all that. I'm glad your daughter plays PS5, my step daughter doesn't play the consoles even when I try to give them to her, none of her friends plays anything other than Roblox. I never made a mockery of anyone, I just posted what my experience was. You can act like you weren't trying to be disrespectful, but it's very obvious what you were trying to convey which again I say was unnecessary cause I disrespected no one in here.
You free to feel how you want to feel, context, intent and explanation be damned.:manny: I stand on what I said.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
TBH we've almost reached the level that we don't need game consoles anymore. Within this console generation phones will have more than reached a point they're good enough to run AAA games. Eventually most legacy businesses run their course and the problem with consoles is they require a purchase of dedicated hardware to use. There are a lot of people not willing to part with $400-$500 for a dedicated box that plays games.

People will point to the Switch and PS5 sales but to that I say nothing to this day has outsold the PS2 in the home console market. Once these things get past 100 million and especially into the teens their sales trail off. Most of them can't hit a pace that lets them reach those numbers while the tech is still relevant.

If you can't grow your install base then the only way to make more money and grow is to raise prices which makes it even harder to grow your install base.
Laughable. High end phones cost $1,000+. Nobody is paying twice as much to play weaker versions of AAA games. The price point isn't even comparable.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
bryan-singer-x-men-apocalypse-reacts-ivan-ooze.jpg

Jesus, I completely forgot about this song and I’m from Texas.

:mjlol:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saying sony wants to make consoles 1200 dollars isn’t really criticism, its baseless fear mongering
It’s not fear mongering if it’s the only console on the market. It’s still not bad if you’re comparing it to a high end pc. Microsoft keeps arrogant Sony in check.

:ufdup:

But sometimes they be creeping out. Especially the PlayStation plus service bullshyt.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s not fear mongering if it’s the only console on the market. It’s still not bad if you’re comparing it to a high end pc. Microsoft keeps arrogant Sony in check.

:ufdup:

But sometimes they be creeping out. Especially the PlayStation plus service bullshyt.

We’re going to have to decide if nintendo is competition to sony and microsoft or not.

Because earlier last year i said they weren’t and nikkas started coming into every thread saying “nintendo don’t count” now with the possibility of microsoft bowing out its now “sony with the infinity gauntlet coming to snap on our wallets”

Same people in here saying sony is going to have a console monopoly were the main ones criticizing the FTC for separating them in the ABK trial

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sounds about right.

Case A:
"Lets buy up some ips from well known publishers in attempt to sell more hardware and gamepass subs."

Case B:
"Well, Case A isn't working as quickly as projected. We might need to release some of these games on other consoles instead."

:yeshrug:

GENIUS!!!! :gladbron:

nikkaz about to be Sega 2.0. Hate it had to be them.