Why Video Game consoles are going extinct

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Stan wars got dudes out here disrespecting peoples daughters? :gucci:

See this why nikkas need hands put on them :francis:

You know a nikka down bad when he trying to brag about his dirty ass house :mjlol: .

House dirty because your kids too busy playing switch and punking you like you’re the step father you tried to make fun of.

You're an online nobody, so there's no need to. Just exposing the hypocritical p*ssy that you are.
This fat hoe is touched.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I see what they’re suggesting and, in all honesty, if that was the overall direction every developer was going for, I’d say yes hardware will become extinct.

Especially after having dealt with Stadia for the years it was online. That alone had me convinced that if tech companies wanted to, they could make hardware obsolete.

But, i think people like Microsoft are gonna treat video game hardware development the same way they treated their PC development in the past; making it more accessible FIRST and cheaper while having a decent selection of games for people to have access to while just making money off of memberships.

I mean, we’re basically streaming games now as it is. The only thing you gotta make sure people have is access, and clearest solution has always been a console.

But that’s why I feel like projects like Stadia got really fukked over. Made the console seem unnecessary when all you need is a controller and a chromecast.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
It’s not that consoles are going extinct. It’s that mobile gaming is growing at a rapid pace. The increase in quality of mobile games has increased multifold over the last 5-10 years.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
I feel like the last time consoles was on some other shyt was 360/PS3/Wii gen.

PS4 was dope as fukk but I think PS5/XSX/Switch is mid. Best things about PS5/XSX is that they're fast, but since you have to pay for online and usually more expensive than PC/ PC is the way forward.

It's like console manufacturers forgot that the biggest pull about console gaming was multiplayer; whether it's online or local. But it's like they're making barriers for multiplayer. shyts wack now.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:picard:all this over video games...

...video games
nikkas down bad. Saw a comment and hit dog started hollering.

Lil nikka done went into a discord trying to find some quote not related to video games instead just admitting he was wilding.

Oh well, he’ll grow up one day or someone else gonna be calling his kids their kids.

House husbands are replaceable. :manny:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
nikkas down bad. Saw a comment and hit dog started hollering.

Lil nikka done went into a discord trying to find some quote not related to video games instead just admitting he was wilding.

Oh well, he’ll grow up one day or someone else gonna be calling his kids their kids.

House husbands are replaceable. :manny:
You the goofy nikka folks talking about you clown. Got up in the wee hours of the night no less to think about other men. Keep doubling down on it tho. Next you'll be asking to meet in the streets again.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
TBH we've almost reached the level that we don't need game consoles anymore. Within this console generation phones will have more than reached a point they're good enough to run AAA games. Eventually most legacy businesses run their course and the problem with consoles is they require a purchase of dedicated hardware to use. There are a lot of people not willing to part with $400-$500 for a dedicated box that plays games.

People will point to the Switch and PS5 sales but to that I say nothing to this day has outsold the PS2 in the home console market. Once these things get past 100 million and especially into the teens their sales trail off. Most of them can't hit a pace that lets them reach those numbers while the tech is still relevant.

If you can't grow your install base then the only way to make more money and grow is to raise prices which makes it even harder to grow your install base.

tenor.gif

PS4 barely ran Cyberpunk 2077. This nikka really said this

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Honestly I think Xbox consoles would do better in console sales if Microsoft didn’t release their exclusives on pc day and date.

The tired ass exclusives Halo, Gears of War, Forza, and Starfield?

Xbox is trash. They need a real serious revamp. Remove Phil, he's trash. Give developers free reign in game development.

It's all hands on deck for Xbox

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The tired ass exclusives Halo, Gears of War, Forza, and Starfield?

Xbox is trash. They need a real serious revamp. Remove Phil, he's trash. Give developers free reign in game development.

It's all hands on deck for Xbox

On stream deck, where people are playing their games

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Ease of use and quick-starting is so much of the game.

"Good enough" graphics and ease of access will attract more people than marginal improvements to cutting edge graphics at the expense of more inconvenience.

That's where consoles have always shined and will continue to shine until you can do better than that.

I don't need a baller PC for a game like this. I'll load this up on a Steam Deck or Playstation Portal and go in for hours

Last edited: