Why the fukk are the Dark Souls games so addicting?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
miyazaki pretty much created an entirely new game genre in an age where literally everything is cut and paste of another open world or fps system. Thats pretty hard to do.

combine RPG, customizability, and stat mechanics with something that is actually challenging and rewards you for exploration and taking risks? I mean...it/s gold
\
i wish darksouls games came out at the rate of assassins creed games, i'd buy them every year.

Nah, you can keep that wish for yaself fool. You don't get fine cuisine with microwave cooking methods.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: Who would have thought you could pioneer a style of gameplay by making it clunker, sluggish, and delayed, and poor hit detection.

You call it clunky, I call it “commitment”. You have to commit to every attack you do because there is no instant dodge cancels. By making everything more deliberate, you make each individual hit feel more earned.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You call it clunky, I call it “commitment”. You have to commit to every attack you do because there is no instant dodge cancels. By making everything more deliberate, you make each individual hit feel more earned.

Yeah, it's all this and definitely not clunky at all. I've only seen hit glaring hit detection issues during lag online. Otherwise, it's usually pretty fine about 98% of the time, barring the occasional glitch. It does have a slight delay in your swings tho.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is nothing clunky about how Soul's games handle, its that way so you just can't randomly do shyt without repercussions.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also, its realistic, in terms of weighted and methodical combat.

Some people just used to devil may cry where you just swing around a 7ft sword like a helicopter. They think a game is trash if can’t perform 60 hit combos

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I like games with more movement. Sekiro flows better for me and I like themes. Dark Souls does provide combat options which is good but freedom-wise saying movement is kinda restrictive which in turn makes the game slower than it needs to be.:unimpressed:

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Many Dark Soul's vets say Bloodborne is the most difficult Soul's game though?

No they don't stop lying. :stopitslime:

If I went down the list of shyt that Bloodborne took out of the Dark Souls formula you would understand why I say it is Dark Souls for casuals. Bloodborne is more of a hack n slash game than an action RPG.

It's the most accessible and easy to learn game in the series. Once you learn to parry in Bloodborne the difficulty is a joke. Anyone who struggles with Bloodborne just isn't good at it. I like Bloodborne more for the setting and the lore, than the gameplay itself. The gameplay is Dark Souls light.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I'll say this. I can play Dark Souls in a similar manner to Bloodborne and in numerous other different ways. I can only play Bloodborne one way, no matter what kind of build I am or what weapon I am using I can only play Bloodborne one way.

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No they don't stop lying. :stopitslime:

If I went down the list of shyt that Bloodborne took out of the Dark Souls formula you would understand why I say it is Dark Souls for casuals. Bloodborne is more of a hack n slash game than an action RPG.

It's the most accessible and easy to learn game in the series. Once you learn to parry in Bloodborne the difficulty is a joke. Anyone who struggles with Bloodborne just isn't good at it. I like Bloodborne more for the setting and the lore, than the gameplay itself. The gameplay is Dark Souls light.

I've never heard anyone state this opinion besides you. :usure:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I've never heard anyone state this opinion besides you. :usure:

Then you live in a bubble. I been playing this shyt since the sub 30FPS Demon's Souls days bro, most of us Day 1's like Bloodborne, but we also understand it is the watered down version of these games. I see people who echo my sentiment on reddit, gamefaqs, and YouTube all the time.