Why the fukk are the Dark Souls games so addicting?

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Idk what it is. Its world, environment, challenge, it keeps me coming back after I beat them. I beat all of them except Demon Souls cause the final boss is a bytch with taking your soul levels away.DS1 and DS3 I beat probably 4 times each and Bloodborne I beat like 9 times. It's the only game I platinumed
I hate farming blood vials after I die from trying to beat a boss

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hate farming blood vials after I die from trying to beat a boss

I wouldn't even use blood vials until I was super confident in winning the fight :russ: you could also just buy them instead of upgrading every once in a while for a surplus

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dark Souls 2 was my first one, Never felt the criticisms it got compared to the first one because I obviously had no point of reference, Loved every bit of it, Same as DS3, BB & Sekiro

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't even use blood vials until I was super confident in winning the fight :russ: you could also just buy them instead of upgrading every once in a while for a surplus
i have a fukking hard time beating the 3 bosses snakes thing. damn

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i have a fukking hard time beating the 3 bosses snakes thing. damn

Iirc you gotta hit and run, dwindle them down one by one. Staying in the mix just didn't work for me, especially when they can throw hands literally halfway across the area :russ:

Edit: this shyt was weak af. Parry gang :mjgrin:

Last edited:

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
Games are just so immersive. The SoulsBourne: Shadows dies twice series are just too high quality in the aesthetics. Great lore, great ambiance, great gameplay formula. It's hard to explain the satisfaction. FromSoft is amongst the goats for me how the industry jocked their steeze.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Yea I officially stopped playing ds3 im only on bb and sekiro right now, not cuz it was frustrating or anything but the world building and story for me is a big part of the rpg experience and its just kinda blah in dark souls. Im an aggressive player too and sekiro/bb rewards you for that, dark souls is a little too methodical and rock-paper-scissors for my taste. Also these garbage ass regular degular weapons and weapon arts are not any fun compared to hunter weapons or sekiros prosthetics and parrying. Hope elden ring isnt a miss

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"Bloodborne" is my favorite game in this vein because I'm a big fan of Lovecraft. And they heavily borrowed from him later in the game, and DLC.

Fred.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I can't wrap my head around it.

This quarantine got me playing Dark Souls 2/3 all over again and it's as addicting as I remember it. I beat the games when they were released and mainly played with strength builds. But now i'm playing it differently using more of a sorcerer and playing with different builds and I just don't remember it being this fun.

In its core gameplay, it's just mash r1, r1, r1 and dodge or put up shields and there is little to no story besides reading each individual item description, but god dammit is it fun.

I got a huge backlog of games that I need to play but yet Dark souls still calls for me. I might even go back to playing DS1 remastered.
played 3 for a bit too shook to go back :dame: