Why Isn’t Trae Young in the MVP Conversation ?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Trae Young so trash to me

a dude who as a rookie was only doing shyt MJ & AI did is trash

a player who averaged 30 & 9 in his 2nd year is trash

a player who’s averaging 25 & 9 this year and his team is 4th in the east is trash

:dead: you coli nikkas are something else

when he got drafted it was “he’ll be trash & he’s too small”

when he turned it up the 2nd half of his rookie season it was “he can’t do it for a whole year”

he did it for the whole year his sophomore season and it was “well those are empty stats, his team is in the lottery”

he’s playing good again in his 3rd season and the Hawks are in the playoffs, and now it’s “it’s really Nate McMillian and Capela who has the Hawks so good”

Dudes on here NEVER admit when they’re wrong

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
Not yet an MVP and Trae is very good scorer but the way he sets the table for the offense is why he’s taken a step up this year. After Draymond to Curry the next high assisted duos is Trae to Collins and Trae to Capela. He’s an elite passer and breaks the defense down in a way that has allowed our shooters to go off at an consistent rate. He’s an All NBA PG

At the rate he’s growing his game, he’ll be the #1 true PG in the league. His skills go beyond scoring and when’s he’s in the game, a team full of vets that have done things in this league trust him to lead.

The Hawks success is definitely a team accomplishment but you instantly see the hole Trae leaves when he misses games.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
Career record 686-600

No deep playoff runs in 20 years.

I don’t wanna make this thread about me shytting on Nate. Because he’s a quality coach. I think people have overinflated his impact to downplay Trae’s accomplishments this year.

Have you watched the Hawks play this season? Serious question

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
That's why I hate that everyone in the league is putting up numbers as it creates these type of questions with no validity.

Everyone that puts up numbers want to be in the MVP or All NBA conversation lol.

lol @ “just putting up numbers” :mjlol:

Is his team winning or not? Last year it was numbers but not winning, now he’s winning it because of everybody else :stopitslime:

You nikkas gonna push the goal posts right out the fukking stadium :what:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I’ll put it like this, do I consider Trae in MVP contention? No.

BUT
, if Luka is in contention, so should Trae cause Luka ain’t doing shyt that Trae isn’t this year. I’ll go as far to say if the Hawks hadn’t had a dumbass coaching them half the year, The Hawks would have a top 5 record in the league right now.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Atlanta Hawk fans..... Do you bite the bullet and match whatever offer comes in for Collins or do you still go through with the sign and trade depending on the price?

I wouldn't be too keen on paying a player a near max extension with no defined role on defense and can't generate offense without being assisted on. In a way, I feel like Capela makes him expendable, which is why they traded for him in the first place.

Depends on how the playoffs shake out and how he performs.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
lol @ “just putting up numbers” :mjlol:

Is his team winning or not? Last year it was numbers but not winning, now he’s winning it because of everybody else :stopitslime:

You nikkas gonna push the goal posts right out the fukking stadium :what:

If you’re going to go by that logic, then Booker would be in the MVP conversation since Phoenix is winning this year. CP3 is the MVP for Phoenix, while Capela and McMillan has made a difference for Atlanta.

It’s the same logic that applies in Utah where Mitchell isn’t the MVP eventhough he’s putting up better numbers than Gobert.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Trae Young averages 25.5 PPG but that's all anyone pays attention to.
They ignore the fact that he's defensively terrible and doesn't offer as much of an impact on the floor as many other players.

He doesn't even crack the top 20 in value over replacement.
If people could get over their infatuation with PPG (which matters, but is not everything), a more honest assessment of value can be had.

:mjlol: At this dumbass take. I guess him being second in the league in assists doesn’t count for anything, huh?

What’s does Luka do on defense that Trae doesn’t? You gonna knock Luka for being 6-7 inches taller than Trae but still being equally as bad on defense? :stopitslime:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
If you’re going to go by that logic, then Booker would be in the MVP conversation since Phoenix is winning this year. CP3 is the MVP for Phoenix, while Capela and McMillan has made a difference for Atlanta.

It’s the same logic that applies in Utah where Mitchell isn’t the MVP eventhough he’s putting up better numbers than Gobert.

Take Trae off the floor for the Hawks for an extended period of time and see what happens.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
How many 21-22 year olds have put up Trae’s offensive numbers on winning teams in the history of the league?

I wanna see that list and how many names are on it.

When we talk about Trae, sometimes we treat him like he’s 29 years old. Fans have gotten spoiled and a bit dillusional IMO.

nah, these nikkas just got agenda’s and will continue to play dumb and move goal posts all throughout Trae’s career.

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
The metric you used rates Caruso even higher than the one I used. :mjlol:

Lakers' Frank Vogel says Alex Caruso merits All-Defensive Team consideration; one stat could stand in his way

YOU were the one pushing "defensive rating" and Caruso's defensive rating is much higher than Simmons AND Embiid.

And the chart I posted showed "point of attack defenders", it's the metric for guys guarding the primary ballhandler not rim protectors/bigs.

How did I "search" for something I literally just copied off of yesterday's thread? I don't even know where to get that picture from.

And if you're pumping Real Plus-Minus you just killed your whole argument.

Curry is #1 in overall RPM. LeBron is #2. Dame is #6, Giannis #7, Harden #8, Jokic #9, and Trae is.....wait for it....#46.

Get destroyed by your own crappy metrics brehs. :picard:

ESPN RPM is so flawed. Basketball reference got it right.

Come on

Lonzo Ball at 10
Devontae Graham at 15

:stopitslime: